24

PROM; PART ONE!

I haven't seen Jordyn since last night. The night she went to go get her hair and nails done for prom tonight. She had her dress tailored. The dress she refused me to look at. I have a feeling it's beautiful because she has been going on and on about it the day she got it.

See said that she feels like a princess in that dress and that she should wear a crown with it. I know prom is more expensive to girls more than it is to guys. All we need to do it buy or rent a tux, get a haircut, if needed, and a corsage if we have a date.

Girls, on the other hand, choose to buy a $300 dress, get their nails done, buy $400 hair, and shoes. Guys doesn't need to buy shoes. If we have some church shoes in the house, then we can go with them.

But tonight, it was hella expensive for some dudes, especially my ass. I had to chip in for a party bus, pay for Jordyn and my prom ticket because it's gentleman like, and pay for a two day, one night hotel stay for Jordyn and I. And a box of condoms. The good quality ones. Yeah we're together, but we're not risking shit.

I have never spent so much money on a female before, and the fact that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, I know that it'll be more pricey in the future.

Came too far to screw up.

"I cannot believe they kicked me out of my own house." Jay complains.

Layla is also with Jordyn, getting ready together. Both her mom and Jordyn's auntie are getting them all pretty for tonight.

Jay and I just came back from getting our haircuts. Now we're about to eat. Since It doesn't take time for us guys to get ready like it is for girl, we decide to get ready 30 minutes before prom starts.

I've been texting Jordyn, but she hasn't been texting back. I think she's still getting ready or something.

"You boys are happy for tonight?" My mom asks. "I remember your father and I prom. I wasn't planning on going, but your father forced me and good thing I went because it was really fun back in the days. I don't know about now."

"How fun was it Mrs. Carter?' Jay winks, hitting my shoulder.

"You better hush and go get ready. Party bus will be here in a few and I want to take a lot of pictures before you guys leave."

Jay and I jog upstairs. I got into my mom room and leave Jay in my room.

**

"Aww shit!" My dad exclaims. "Now you know he's my son. You know he's a Carter." My dad walks over to me. "Damn, good looking runs in my motherfucking blood." He gives me a dap.

I laugh. My mom walks over to Jay and I and hugs us. "My boys are growing up so fast." She kisses our cheeks. "I remember when you guys were in diapers running around the house and playing with y'all Gameboys."

"Oh mom, we cannot keep the bus waiting."

"Says who?" She asks. "Say cheese."

**

After taking millions of pictures, Jay and I get on the bus and made our way to his house, where our dates will be waiting for us. I am pretty excited to see Jordyn and what she's wearing for the night. "You're going to like Jordyn's dress." Jay speaks. "It looks really nice on her."

"So she lets you see it, but not me?" I ask, trying to joke around. That's his cousin, of course he'll see it first.

"I bought my tux the same day she bought her dress and let me tell you bro." He takes a deep breath. "I'm never shopping with girls anymore. I drove up there with my mom, didn't have a way out. I've been stuck in that store for three mother fucking hours. I was so bored that I almost played with myself in the store."