26

Here we are. Sitting in rows, with our cap and gown on, listening to my girl give her valedictory speech. She was flabbergasted when she found out that she's out class valedictorian and so was I. She has the highest GPA, along with test sores, and college offers.

She took AP/IB classes and aced them. She worked hard to get there and I'm very proud of her.

Her speech is really good. She is doing her thing on stage, while some people, mostly females, are tearing up because they will not be seeing their friends after this or because they made it this far.

"Thank you." Jordyn finishes her speech and walks down the steps with some high ass heels on.

We all cheer and of course I'm the loudest. Got to support my baby.

**

"Darius Carter." The call my name next to get my diploma. Everyone gets out. My family stands up. Damien and Eli barks. I had to buy extra tickets for majority of my family. Everyone wanted to come.

I shake my principals hand and exist the stage. I pause so my mom can take a picture.

"Jay Creek." People cheer and bark again.

"Jordyn Creek." People cheer. She's getting the IB diploma.

"Way to go Jordyn." A girl shouts.

I look and see a line of girls while Jordyn walks up the steps to the stage.

It's not like I want it to happen or anything, but what about if she falls. Those heels are so damn thin. I look at the line of girls shoes, thinking all of them are bound to fall. They must have some strong calves walking in those heels and managing to not to fall. I mean damn.

Imagine us dudes wearing heels. Thank God we can't. A nigga would've had a tooth left. These females wearing stilettos and stripper heels. And I'm here picturing them fall. It'll be funny as hell.

**

"My baby has grown up so fast." My mom hugs me. "I cannot believe you're leaving me for college." She tears up. "I promised myself that I wouldn't cry, but sometimes promises are meant to be broken." She sniffs.

My dad embraces me. "Proud of you son. You came a long way."

"Thanks." I smile.

He brings my mom into his arms. "She'll be quiet by tonight." My dad winks.

I chuckle. "So proud of you little brother." My other sister, Janae hugs me. "It's time to move on to bigger and better things and leave them hoes behind." She rolls her neck.

My sister attended this school around the same time Damien and Eli did, but she was always a year older. She used to always get on Damien's case in school, but that never stopped him.

"Oh you didn't know?" Damien speaks. "Them hoes has been gone for a while now."

"Oh really?"

"Yep. He's in love with his girl Jordyn."

"The girl who gave the speech?" She looks at me with a smile. "I want to meet her."

I look around and find Jordyn on the other side crying into her auntie's arms. Her uncle is rubbing her back and Jay is doing the same. "I'll be right back." I say to my family and walk towards her.