12

Jordyn and I have been texting all day. Today, I asked to her to go somewhere with me tonight to finish our conversation that Jay ruined yesterday at lunch.

'You still haven't told me where we're going.' Jordyn texts back.

I take two minutes to reply. I don't want to seem like I've been waiting for her to text, even though I was. 'Out to eat and finish our conversation.'

I lay my phone down and walk out of my room to the kitchen. I grab a bag of chips, along with dip, and a can of soda.

"How is it going with your girl?" My dad asks.

Your girl. I like the sound of that even though we're not together. "Ok. I talked to her yesterday, but it was ruined by Jay. I'm taking her out today to eat and finish our conversation."

"Come here son." My dad gestures.

I walk over to his side and sit down. "What's up?" I ask.

"I need to tell a little something about relationships. " He lifts up his hand. "Number one: Don't bring up the conversation you guys had yesterday. Talk about something else."

"Why?"

"Why..? Boy, if you don't stop questioning the king and listen." He lifts up another finger. "Number two." He digs into his pocket. "You need some money. Not only to pay for you and her meal, but to slide in some condoms before you pick her up." He slaps a 100 dollar bill in my hand.

I laugh and take it. "She's not that type of girl dad. She's different. Not like any of those other girls I've been with." And I'm bring up the conversation. I want to know what she's thinking.

"Then give me back my money." He lays his hand out.

"Nah.... You'll be all right."

He leans back against the couch. I slowly get up with my snacks and jog back upstairs to my room. I quickly jump on my bed and grab my phone, checking for text messages.

'I'm so excited!' She exclaims through her reply.

I couldn't help but smile. 'Why is that?'

I lay my phone back down, grab the remote, and turn on the TV, which is already on ESPN.

I open my bag of chips and the dip and start tearing it up. I decide to save my appetite for later on, which is why I'm not eating a heavy meal.

"My top choices for the Super Bowl." A guy speaks. "Are Patriots and Sea Hawks."

"Patriots and Chargers."

They continue to dispute and show pictures of team players and of course they show Eli and Damien. I turn my attention off the television, back to my phone that just vibrated.

'Because this will be my first date ever and I'm happy it's with you!'

My smile widens. I wait a minute and then reply. 'Awh. I'm glad it's with me too 😝' I chuckle at my corny text. I didn't consider this a date, but she's happy about it and it's making me happy.

"Now what about Miami Heat?" I turn my focus back to the TV.

"They have lost twice in a row which is kind of rare for Maimi this past few seasons."

I turn the channel once they start talking about basketball and continued to eat my snack. Gets addicting after the 10th chip.

I'm not really a basketball fan, and I don't start watching it until the playoffs. I do know my basketball, though.