Reason Number 9

I felt the burn from every inch of my heart,

but it's worth it,

to never feel alone.

-idareyoutoclickthis' tumblr

"Lee?" I said trying my hardest to insert pleasant emotions, but there were none.

"You don't look happy." He said edging closer.

"I am shocked for one," when did you realize that I'm in love with you? When you knew that I'll never make it to my twentieth birthday?

"That's all?" he answered, his hands already on my waist.

"I thought you are going out with Aya now?" Okay, this is getting weirder!

"We had differences. I'll go get something to eat okay? Stay here." I honestly didn't know what to think. For one, I should be jumping up and down with happiness right now, but I'm not. Even my heart is not cartwheeling like I expected it to. When I was so busy with confusion, Lee's phone rang and I saw Aya's face on the screen. I picked up the phone and haven't said hello yet when she immediately spoke, "Lee? Have you done it? Thank you. Ann's having a hard time now, and I know how much she likes you, I saw her face when I told her we're going out. Maybe one day you'll learn to love her too. Please she's my best friend. I love her and I would give up anything for her. Even you. OKAY. Bye."

And then there was the dial tone. They planned this? It's all crap? Suddenly everything was clear; I remembered my last conversation with Aya.

"I hate you. Do you know that?"

"Yeah."

"You have the habit of stealing away everything from me without even knowing."

"That's me."

"So you need to fight that disease so what you stole from me won't go down the drain."

"Hey! You're not actually bringing that up here!"

"I'm sorry. Just promise me!"

I remembered how I just nodded, how I dismissed everything, every single clue that might give me that what I've been stealing is Lee. But I didn't, because I always treat Aya like that. I always treated her like I never really care.

"I told you to promise me you stubborn little mule!"

"I promise!"

"Pinky promise."