Reason Number 19

Your heart just breaks, that's all.

But you can't judge and point fingers.

You just have to be lucky enough

To find someone who appreciates you.

-Audrey Hepburn

Saturday came and I've been dreading for it to never end, meaning come Monday morning I'll be stepping in that big yellow bus again and will be sitting at the very end where the chair is already tattered and vandalized. The sun rose high in the sky where its rays painted a somewhat orange-ish and reddish hue on my bedroom window. I never cared about the sun before; never cared of how my room looks like outside when it's sunny, this time I checked what I've been missing all along.

I can see my Mom's garden from where I stand, the different kinds of orchids carelessly placed here and there, the Bermuda grass that she's been dying to have looks like a carpet from up here. Daisies, poppies, lilies and roses sprouted on the ground like wild grass. One maple tree stood above it all and beneath it is a bench, I smiled. How could I have taken for granted such wonderful scenery? I moved my study desk so when I sit I'd be facing the window, the Christmas lights that Stan glued in my whole ceiling stayed there, now my brother has the exact same ceiling too.

James entered my room just as I was about to remove the curtains from my window that blocks my view of the sky.

"I wouldn't want to do that if I were you." James said as I pulled the curtain, immediately after as if all the rays of the sun blasted in my room and it's all suddenly so bright.

"Help me put it back." I said standing up to my desk and quickly placed back the curtain, great, just what I needed. Having someone to slap into my face that I don't know anything about the world.

"Will you go out with me?" He said looking serious.

"Eww! It's like you're asking me out on a date!"

"Sorry, no. no! Of course not! I was just asking if you could go with me and Stan to the hospital, I would like to ask Cassidy out." He said blushing.

"Finally! Wow! As in wow!" Really? After how many years you ask her just now?

"Shut up!" He said.

"Why would you want me there, you know I'd just humiliate you in front of her. Or make you lose your confidence." I smirked.

"Just be there okay?" He pleaded.

"Fine."

We drove to the hospital and saw Stan already standing by the lobby. We entered and went straight to the elevator, James didn't want to take it, and he said he'd prefer the stairs. Well I'd prefer it too if Cassidy is just one floor away. I pushed twenty and looked at James, he can't stand straight, he looks nervous and he looks like a dead man riding the elevator. Seriously if he took the stairs how do you think he'd look after reaching the twentieth floor? We saw Cassidy flipping some charts in the nurse's station, lucky enough to know that she's on duty and not in school.