Reason Number 18

Every long lost dream led me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars

Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road

That led me straight to you

-Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

My Mom practically begged me to continue my schooling, apparently the doctor told her that I can already attend back to school since he can schedule my last four cycles on weekends and then I'll be on remission.

"Mom! In movies, the sick are the ones who will beg their parents to let them go back to school, and their parents would be freaking about their health and all."

"You're not in a movie Ann. Don't stretch your luck way too much." Where's the Mom I met some days ago? I looked at my Dad. Seriously, she wants me to go to school next week, it's already Friday! How in the world can I enjoy my freedom? Plus, I don't want students to stare at me the whole time. I can clearly hear in my head what will happen the first day that I'll be going back to school on Monday. "She's the girl who has cancer."Or maybe, "Know that bitch Ann? She has cancer, serves her right if you ask me."

I can vividly picture Stephanie gloating with her perfect hair bouncing on her shoulders. Ugh, I hate her. Just remembering that I have to conjure eight hours a day seeing her face makes me want to strangle her and tear her to pieces.

"Dad...." I said with my eyes pleading.

"I'm afraid you have to listen to your Mom this time sweetie." He winked. Just then my brother came through the door with tons of letters in his hands.

"What are those?" I asked.

"Fan mails." He answered waving them on my face.

"Really? But your article isn't that good." I said grinning from ear to ear.

"What article?" My Mom and Dad said in unison. I looked at my brother and heimmediately shook his head. I smiled in triumph.

"Didn't you all know what your son wants to be when he turns 40 years old despite the fact that he'll be a freelance virgin?" Both Mom and Dad are clueless and I can see that my brother is totally flushedwith embarrassment.

"Your son wants to become a writer, sir." Came Stan's voice I laughed, my brother punched Stan a little too hard and both my Mom and Dad continue to look at us with utter disbelief.

"That's great son. Why didn't you tell us?" Then that's when I realized why James haven't said it in the first place, it's about me, about how he feels... about how he felt.