Reason Number 28

"I don't think you're leaving.

I think you're running

And what I can't figure out is

Are you running towards something you want?

Or are you running away from something you're afraid you want?"

-somewhere in tumblr

I moved out of my bed and snatched the line connecting me from the machine. It stung because I forgot it has a needle attached to it. The next thing I know I'm bleeding. I'm not supposed to bleed because it's hard to stop it, but I don't care. I want to let James know that I remember that I'm here for him too, that I'm not pushing him away. I want to be with him before, during and after all of this. Because he is James. Because he is my brother.

I crippled my way out of my hospital room and saw Stan's retreating back, when I was nearing him I saw him bumping into Cassidy. Both of them just standing like they met for the first time.

"Hi." Cassidy said in a hushed tone.

"Long time no see." James replied.

"Yeah."

"Ann didn't tell me you're here, or are you hiding away from her?" James' voice is cold, a little harsh even.

"She knows." She said silently still unable to make eye contact.

"How have you been?" he asked for the sake of it.

"I've been doing well."

"And your boyfriend?" His face held no expression of pain or bitterness but his voice betrayed him. If only Cassidy notices that.

"We broke up." Her replies were short but he just stood there unable to take his eyes away from her.

"Oh."

Silence.

"So how's Ann doing?" she asked still wanting to talk to him.

"Stubborn." Cassidy laughed.

"You know she's really like that, you have to push yourself to her so she can fully depend on you."

"I know my sister." James retorted back defensively. Touché, I almost say out loud.

"I know you do James, but I know her too. In a way that you don't." Ugh. If only they will stop talking about me and talk about themselves instead.

"I know everything about her! Stop lecturing me about my sister. For all I know you're not even friends with her!" And now they're fighting because of me.