Reason Number 12

Sometimes I think, a soulmate is someone

Who will make you be the most

"YOU" that you can possibly be.

-raindropsonroses.tumblr

It was hard going through that decision, whether I want to undergo chemotherapy or not is my own personal choice, said my Dad. It's not that they don't care enough about me to handle this on my own, rather it's the contrary. They care about me so much that they trust me enough to depend on my opinion for something like this.

Aya on the other hand, swore that she won't talk to me ever again if I chose not to undergo chemo. I laughed at her expression when I told her I've decided not to make myself suffer and just die with my hair fixed on my head and not falling off.

"You are the most selfish person there is in human history." She said as she tries to control her tears from falling.

"I know! That's why it's so easy to decide." I said suppressing the smile that is already trying to escape my lips because of Aya's silliness.

"You can't decide just like that." It was Lee's turn to speak, I almost laughed, it's as if somebody has written the script and he is a little off cue in saying his line.

"Why?" I asked his face amused with my question.

"Because it's your life that you're wasting."

I gave him a small satisfied smile, signalling him that I won this conversation even if I haven't said anything yet. "You're right. That's exactly it, it's my life. So I am the one who makes choices whether I waste it or not."

Lee looked away while Aya glared at him. "Why do you always say the wrong things?"

Just then Stan entered the room; his smile vanished when he saw Lee sitting close to me. Aya stood up and dragged Lee outside with a final wave she said, "I'll leave you two alone, but remember what I told you, this might be the last time that I'll be talking to you. Last wave and all." After that she smiled at Stan and left, Lee just gave a small nod.

"What's that all about?" Stan asked while dumping a basket full of apples on the table.

"Chemo." I answered.

"Have you decided whether to take it or not?" He said as he tried to avoid my eyes and searched for his phone in his pocket, I just watched him do that and when he finally found it, he put it on the table beside me. He looked back at me and I smiled.

"I don't know." I answered.

"Reason number three," He took a deep breath before he continues. "Ever wonder why all of a sudden James and I became best friends? We're opposites Ann, when we first met, we just clashed, and then I saw you sitting beside him at the bus, at first I was like hell her girlfriend sure looks a lot like him."