Seeing Is Deceiving.~ {Chapter 13}

A/N: HOW. HOW IS THIS ALREADY ALMOST AT 3K?! WHEN YOU GUYS DO THIS, I FEEL LIKE MY INSIDES ARE EXPLODING AND I WANT TO RUN AROUND MY SCHOOL GIVING PEOPLE FLOWER CROWNS AND BOOPS ON THE NOSE. but then I realize that I live in the real world.... BUT STILL OH MY CHRIST I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN MY ACTUALLY FAMILY RIGHT MEOW. HOW WAS YOUR GUYS'S THANKSGIVING???? WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS??? DO YOU FEEL AS CLOSE TO ME AS I FEEL TO YOU? Okay, I'll calm down doe c:  You're all fabulous and I hope you all have an amazing holiday season <3 Fun fact #7: I listen to 8 tracks evertime I write a new chapter. It turns out extremely shitty if I don't! *claps* *looks around for police* *pulls chapter out of my trench coat* HERE, GO AND RUN WITH IT!

It's been a few days since my confrontation with Louis, and I haven't talked to him since. I spent some time with thee girls and I finally started eating at the table again. I think I got a new confidence, because when I was around, I realized that people stopped talking about me. "EL!" Duke shouted,running into the room with Maeve and wrapping me in a hug. I laughed and ruffled his hair, waving at Maeve who winked. "Well hello to you too, Duke!" I pushed him off lightly with a small chuckle, running a hand through my hair. "Hey, you going to be alright El?" Maeve asked quietly, taking her seat and Duke doing the same as the teacher walked in. "I'm trying not to think about it." I said uncomfortably, forcing a thin-lipped smile. "Oh- I'm sorry El..." She said with a sympathetic expression.  "No, I'm not." I said simply, patting her shoulder and giving a more realistic smile to try and prove I'd be okay. And I was almost positive I would be.

By the time lunch rolled around, I felt a knot of nervousness twist in my stomach and I felt sick to my stomach. I knew it was because of Louis, but I passed it off as nervousness for the upcoming math test. "Heeeeey Ellieeeeee!" I inwardly cringed at the nickname I hoped to forget, but forced up a grin, waving at Niall who probably didn't understand how much I hated that nickname now. "Hey Niall!" I say with what I hoped was a convincing voice. I looked at the rest of the table, and everyone with the exception of Louis was wearing smiles that said they believed me. I sat down next to Katlynne and gave her a small smile, hoping she doesn't ask any questions. "FINALLY, HE'S BACK!"  I looked to the doors and saw Zayn walking through the doors with The Arctic Circle take out bags, walking towards our table. "Okaaaay, I have everyones orders." He said, giving me a comforting smile that for some reason wanted to make me cry. "Here's Niall, Harry, Rachelle, Katlynne, Mauve, Elliott," He tossed me a burger and a carton of fries. I smiled politely and opened up the burger to take off the onions, but found none.

"Did they stop putting onions on their burgers?" I say happily, considering I really hate onions. "No, I made sure they didn't put any on yours." Zayn said simply, causing both me and surprisingly Louis to look at Zayn with confusion. "Oh, you don't like onions El?" Katlynne said in between a bite, giving me a head tilt. "You didn't know?" I ask, wondering who told Zayn. "I didn't either..." Anna said sheepishly, and judging from the look on Chelle, Maeve, and Patty's face, they didn't know either. "You mentioned it when we went for coffee." Zayn said as if that would be something simple to remember. "You remember that?" I said with a small genuine smile, choosing to ignore the way Louis mood had seemingly got worse. "Course. I find you very fascinating, Miss Elliott." Zayn said with a wink, sitting down and grabbing his food. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly and I hoped it didn't show as much as I thought it did. "Oooooh, seems like we've got a new love flame." Chelle said, obviously trying to get a rise out of Louis. He rolled his eyes, but other than that, he didn't seem upset. I felt a compressing feeling in my chest but brushed it off and looked at Zayn.

"Who knows." Zayn said with a smirk, shrugging and locking eyes with me before chuckling and looking away. I felt my blush intensify and I cleared my throat awkwardly, trying to find something witty or sarcastic to say, but I found nothing. "Hey, I have an ideaaaaa~" Patty said with a devious smirk. "Me, Maeve, Calum, Ashton, Katlynne, Niall, Chelle, Harry, you two, and Louis all go to the new Karaoke bar down by The Rouge?" She said, looking between Zayn, Louis, and I. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "It's a bar Patty. Do you really think that's a good idea?" I say, crossing my arms and looking at her challengingly. "Pft, my aunt is the owner of the bar. She said anytime I want to come with friends, I could." She gives me a satisfied smile with 'you have no excuse Elliott' written all over it. "Alright, I'll go." I say with another eyeroll, uncrossing my arms and slumping forward in defeat. "YAAAAY! Then I expect everyone else to come." She said, looking around to everyone. Everyone agreed, save Louis and Zayn who sat unusually quietly. "I'll go if El's going." Zayn said, giving me another smirk. I scoffed and tossed some hair back nervously, hoping no one knew this was my defense mechanism. "Good! Louis?..." Patty and the table grew quiet, obviously a little wary about how Louis and I stood right now. "Yeah, sounds good." He said, no trace of emotion in his voice. "Great, than I expect everyone to be there tonight! I'll send you all the adress." She sent us a mass text right as the bell rang and we all filed out.