Chapter 24

ALAYNA

Brandon is still serenely asleep when I go back to my room at four in the morning. I need to pack my things for the trip, and I don't want to disturb him.

I never feel so safe sleeping with someone next to me for a while, other than my mother, but something inside me just doesn't want to give it all in. I have to move out.

The sky is clear and sunny as I go out at past six in the morning. Oliver is standing next to a black SUV settling the luggage inside, he's dressed in a casual polo shirt, khaki shorts, and a pair of brown leather topsiders.

"Good morning, Ollie." I approach him, my voice is still croaky.

"Wow, someone's happy," he remarks, and instantly, he took my suitcase and shoved it into the compartment.

"That's a lot of baggage. I thought we're only going to stay for one-night-two-days?"

"Betty's coming too, but we're going to meet her later." He shut the compartment door. "You, ready?" He grins.

"Yes, where's Brandon?"

"He's inside the car. Get in."

Oh. I didn't notice him. Ollie opens the door for me, and my heart almost melts at the sight of Brandon inside. I smile, biting my lips.

This isn't a dream. I slide into the car and sit next to him. I can already feel the warmth of his presence. He is casually dressed like Oliver's, only it was black, he wore a jacket.

I instantly want to embrace him, but his expression is impassive.

"I get that you're not used to sleeping next to anyone," he says icily. "But you didn't wake me when you left."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to bother you."

"She's right. You need a good sleep." Ollie comes into the driver seat and buckles his seatbelt. "Guys, I still need to pick Betty up. You don't mind right, Brandon?"

"No."

I sigh and I touch the side of his unmasked face. I shift his face towards me and peck a kiss on his lips. He snivels on my hair. "You smell so good. I've missed you already."

I curl my arms around him and bury my face on his chest. He smells so divine himself. "Me too."

"Guys, you ready?" Ollie asks as soon as he gets into the driver's seat.

"Let's go, Ollie," Brandon answers, and Oliver guns down the car.

Brandon doesn't seem to mind when Betty sees him for the first time. She's waiting in front of her house when we came to pick her up. I never met Oliver's fiancée before, but during Brandon's absence, he found out about Betty.

Betty is tall, slender, and raven-haired, her hair falling just above her shoulders, and she looks more like Asian. I remember Oliver told me she is half-Japanese.

I guess Betty knew about Brandon's situation. She isn't surprised at all to see him. This is actually another time a person other than his family who has seen him. She sits in front, besides Oliver, and smiles pleasantly at us. Brandon didn't show a response, so I just greeted her back.

"Oh, good morning. It's great to finally meet you, Alayna," she greets with a smile. "Thank you for including me on this trip."

"It's great to see you too, Betty. It's not my idea. Ollie here just doesn't want to have fun without you."

She grins. "He's so sweet, isn't he? I really hope the Master doesn't mind," she says and she looks at Brandon who's busy looking at the people walking outside. I elbow his side.