Chapter 31

Athens, Greece

Athens, Greece.

SIX MONTHS LATER

"I found him, Alayna." Oliver reappeared on my side, holding a glass of liquor, and he handed me one. We were now at the annual family reunion held in the Katrakis Manor in Athens. Hundreds of guest had attended, and I found blonde-heads. Lots of them. Ollie said some guests were from the Stavros and Dragoumis clan, and closest friends. Everyone was in their fancy suit and dresses. I wore an emerald evening long dress for the night, and as usual, Oliver was magnificent in his tuxedo.

I felt my face brightened up, and my heartbeat quickened. I gulped the champagne straight down my throat and grimaced at its harshness. "Where is he?"

"I suggest we wait the party to finish the party. He's... occupied."

"Alayna," Cassius suddenly interrupted. Dressed in a full white three piece suit, and he had his blonde hair brushed up.

I flashed out a grin seeing him, and with open arms, I let him embraced me. "Cassius. It's good to see you."

"It's been six months but I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," he said, as he gently stroked my back, then released me.

"Where is Brandon? Can you take me to him?" I almost pleaded. I hadn't heard from him in months. He didn't answer any of my calls. I could understand the situation he was into, but I felt like dying inside not hearing from him. It's like he'd isolated himself from me. "Is he alright?"

"He still needs a few more operations, but he's perfectly fine," Cassius informed. "But you, look stunning!"

My cheek heated. "Thanks."

"Cassius, where's father?" Ollie joined in.

"He's with grandfather. Why don't you and Alayna join me for a drink? Have you eaten yet, Alayna?"

My stomach churned. I didn't take any food in my system yet since breakfast, but I seemed to have no appetite. I won't be able eat, until I meet Brandon.

"I came all the way here, Cassius-to see Brandon. I don't think I can take something, but this-"

He snatched the glass of champagne from my hand. "This isn't good for an empty stomach. Come on, Alayna. You need to eat."

"He's right," Oliver agreed. "You'll see him later. I promise."

I sighed. "Fine."

"That's more like it."

The sibling brought me to a table, and offered me a dessert. It looked like mangoes in cream, and chocolate dip. "Try this. You might want to eat something sweet instead." Oliver placed the plate in front of me.

"Thanks." I slightly smiled and picked up a spoon.

"Good evening, everyone," a beautiful woman in a white long down abruptly spoke in the microphone at the stage, taking everyone's attention. "In behalf of the Stavros family, I'd like to thank everyone for letting us celebrate with you. My mother wishes for me to do this under the spotlight."

A soft laughter erupted in the every corner of the place.

"I've fought with her about coming here, but here I am. She even wants to offer everyone a song, but I'll cut this introduction off. I'd like to invite someone on stage. A person that is so dear to me..."

I set my eyes back at the dessert, but I couldn't be wrong about something that caught my eyes. It was too familiar not to notice. He was too familiar.

Dressed in an impeccable Armani tuxedo, stood by the aisle was the Brandon I'd never seen before. He had no mask, and his now flawless face was so defined, sharp angled jaws, mesmerizing cerulean eyes that was boldly opened, and he radiated power that got everyone's attention.

I froze. My heart seemed to have stopped beating when he caught my gaze. His beautiful face impassive.

"Let's welcome, the one and only son of Grethe Katrakis, Mr. Brandon Katrakis Lucien."

A round of applause followed with the woman's dramatic introduction. He looked away from my direction and walked the isle towards the woman, and it's like he was leaving his energy at the pathway as we walked when all eyes followed him.

Brandon caught the woman's waist and kissed her on the cheek. She smiled back at him with the look I'd always gave him.

My heart sank. I didn't know what had happened, and everything turned blank. I was sure that he saw me, but he ignored me.

"Excuse me, I need an air." I put down my utensil, and sprinted out of the room.