Chapter 26

ALAYNA

I instantly catch his hand to stop him from removing the mask. His fingers are quivering. I know he is afraid and it isn't the best time for him to show everything. Maybe later or tonight or perhaps another day.

"I would love to see you, Brandon. I just don't think now is the right time." I kiss his mouth that softly. "But I did mention that you are beautiful, right, Brandon? Whatever happened to your face doesn't reflect on how great a person you are."

His eyes soften. "This is what I love so much about you. You lift me all the time when I didn't know what I did for you."

I smile. "You make me happy. What else should it be? You are mysterious, but you're, kind, you're generous, and you're honest. I also want to take care of you."

"I should be the one who's protecting you and taking care of you, but I can't if I'm like this," he grumbles.

"But you are getting better." I remind him.

"I am, but it's not enough." He sighs, staring back at me. "I think I should tour you around first. I'll show you our room."

"Of course. I'd like to see our room."

Brandon and I go upstairs; he leads me to an open bedroom. I'm exactly sure if it is a bedroom, but the particular floor that has no walls and door, but is so spacious. At the center stands a king-sized bed.

The right side is a glass room containing a massive CD, and music collections whilst the other side had a minimalist, abstract mural, and a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf. I can't believe no one was using the house.

"This is very stunning. Are there other rooms? This space almost occupied the whole floor," I ask while walking close to the glass room.

"There are other rooms, but this is the best." Brandon appears behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. He smells my hair and kisses me softly. "Would you like to unpack before our afternoon snack? I'll give you time."

"I'd love to shower first." I gaze into his eyes and curl my arms around his shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"I was just thinking. I can't imagine myself anymore without you. It's like you're already a big part of my life."

"Likewise," he whispers, but there's a heaviness in his voice. "You don't know how much you changed me." Brandon hurls out a sharp breath, but his expression hardens. "I will always belong to you no matter what."

I nod and tiptoed so I can reach his height. I rest my head on his shoulder, embracing him so tight it hurt. I start the kiss this time, and he returns it by cupping the back of my neck, breathing between our closed gap.

He is slow at first, teasing my lips, sucking them one after the other. His other hand trails down my waist, slipping it inside my shirt, and then gives me a soft squeeze at my back.

He pulls back a little, leaving me cold, still-wet lips. "Why don't you take a shower now?" he suggests.

"Ugh!" I moan in protest. I haven't even recovered from the kiss yet. "God, you are such a tease."

He chuckles sweetly. "Do you want me to join you?"

"You can't do that."

"What? I will let you peek."

My eyes grow wider than they already are. "No, you won't!"

He laughs at my reaction and kisses my forehead. "You're so cute. Maybe next time. Go on."