Chapter 25

ALAYNA

"Oh my God, this place is magnificent!" I gasp as I enter.

The living room is the first thing I see when I step into the penthouse. The marble floors are ridiculously spacious, and it is so unlike Brandon's mansion in Manhattan. It is so bright!

The interior looks exquisite, rare, and I first think of a spacecraft-with all the modernity of a glass-walled home and the living room set at the center. The walls have curves and shapes like in an art exhibition hall. The glass windows that boasted a stunning ocean view.

The furniture is just right for the modern house. It isn't dark-colored like the one he has in his home. The place doesn't have gray draperies, but beautiful floral portraits on walls. It is his mother's villa after all, though it doesn't look like just a villa for me. His mother must have been a cheerful and warm person.

Brandon walks to the huge glass door and stands there, releasing a breath of relief. Circular stairs that lead to the second floor where John went, carrying our luggage.

"This place is very different compared to yours," I say in all honesty. He stands next to me as I stare at the limitless seawater. A smile curls on the side of his lips.

"My mother initially built this for us, her children, so we could live here when we're older and have a family." He explains, with his eyes also set in the view.

"Here... it is breathtaking," I murmur.

"You haven't seen the whole house yet," he chuckles. "The bedroom was exquisite, too."

I laugh softly. "Don't start with the bedroom." I look up at him, smiling meaningfully. "Shall we have brunch, now? I'm starving."

"Of course, Come. I'll show you around the dining area." Brandon holds my hand and leads the way to another door.

The dining room is also breathtaking; what else do I expect? The architecture is brilliant. The interiors are also made of fiberglass, which I can still see on the other side from where I was standing, a couple of small pots of flowers placed by the edge-to-edge sliding window. The chandeliers looked like white umbrellas, and there's a long, oval-shaped, marble-white table in the middle.

Our brunch is already set on the table. I haven't noticed any housekeeper around, but from the looks of the setting, it seems to have been prepared several minutes ago. There are French toast, eggs, crepes, slices of assorted fruits, bacon, sausages, and a pitcher of lemon and cucumber juice. It is even attractively arranged on the dining table.

"Brandon, why don't you just live here? This place has more privacy, and the place is delightful. You won't see a single person around. You are going to live just like Iron Man in this kind of house," I say.

He lowers his face. "Hmm, that is a tempting idea, Alayna, but I have a lot of memories here of my mother and my sister, and I'm not ready yet. I wanted to cure myself first and deal with everything before I settle down," he clarifies in all seriousness. "The reason why I brought you here is that I wanted to discuss an important matter with you, and I want to show you who I am."

I look at his masked face.

"We have had a long day, and I also wanted to spend time with Oliver and Betty. Afterward, we can have time for ourselves again. Can we just-just eat first before we start with the real drama?" I'm nervous about what he said about the 'important matter,' but I'm utterly aware that there is something behind it. He has been silent the entire time.

"Of course."

We sit in front of the food. I chose eggs and crepes, then Brandon poured me a glass of juice. I didn't want to ask Brandon during a meal, but I'm curious about what he means by the real him.