A Broken Man

Chapter 22

~Akira~

A BROKEN MAN

And with shaking hands I touched the dead body of my mate's brother he was dead, did he deserve to die ? No of course not but the evil in this world won yet again. Turning towards Gus he glared at me making me feel weak and the cause of this.

Without another look in my direction August left, it wounded my deeply as he didn't want mourn the death of his brother with me. I cried, that's what I did on the floor until they took his body away.

Eventually I stopped crying and head upstairs to find my mate standing in the middle of the room with all the furniture floating. Letting out a curse in my head I step back.
"He convinced me to become king, I am who I am today because of my baby brother and he's dead, " he spoke up making me halt in my steps.

Instead of running away I walked towards him. Reaching out I went to touch him but one glare from him made my hand drop at the side and my heart clench.
"Do you want to know who I blame? " he asked me. I shook my head no but he only smiled wickedly.

"You, " one word made me hold my breath. I stared into his eyes he stare back at mine and for a moment the earth stood still. Before all the furniture went flying towards every direction.

I quickly put a barrier around my self but it was weak. It broke in a matter of seconds and a dresser headed for my direction. Closing my eyes I waited for it to hit me. A couple second passed and I opened my eyes to see dark blue eyes holding regret.

"Leave, " he whispered to me, but I stood there looking at him.
"LEAVE AKIRA " he screamed at me, at this command I move my feet. Before I exited the room I stopped at the door turning I met the dark blue eyes again.

"I love you August, " I said before closing the door behind me.I left a broken man to grieve for his lost. He don't need me he nearly hurt me. A loud explosion soon followed. Turning I meet with the wicked gaze of the man I hate.

"Hello daughter, " he smiled was the last thing I heard before screaming out in pure pain.

August's pov from here on

I heard her scream out in pure agony. Rushing out I saw her lying on the floor with a pool of blood and a flat stomach.

Where is the babies? Oh God no! I rushed to her teleported us to the infirmary and called out to anyone. It took fifty guards to hold me down when they took her from me.

My mate, our mate the beast growled in my head. Akira is all I have if I lose her I lose my humanity. And that won't be a pretty sight.

My pups the beast growled. I sniffed the air I smelt them. They were here ripping out of the holds of my guards I rushed towards the smell. It only led me to my mate.

"Your majesty, " turning my had I growled at the person who spoke.
"The babies are gone magic was used to take them out and it may kill Akira, " the voice explained. That's when the beast took over.

Short chapter I know I just wanted to update. Soooooooooooo if you want me to update faster so your support.

Sorry for the late update BTW