17. (RULES on Dating Cameron)

That night when I fell asleep all I could think about is Cameron. Cameron this, Cameron that, Cameron's mine. I woke up around 8am and went to take a shower. When I got out I went to check my phone and saw Jasmine texted me to make sure I was awake and Cameron texted me too. Seeing his name on my phone gave me butterflies.

C: Hey you! Hope you have an amazing time at your photo shoot!

C: Send pics(;

I laugh and bit my lip.

M: I hope you have an amazing day as well! And I will!

I laugh and went to throw on some sweats and t-shirt. I was super excited about this photoshoot but my mind always shifted and I continued to think about Cameron. Like I never dated before so what are the rules? How many times do I text and call him in a day? Do I tell my family? How many times a day am I supposed to see him? Do I cook for him? So many questions ran through my mind while I waited for Jasmine. When she comes, I head downstairs and get into the car.

"You excited?" Jasmine asked me.

"Yes! A little nervous but more excited"

"Good! Everything is going to go smoothly. All you have to do is model your pretty little face" she says driving out the parking spot and I smile.

"Oh! Guess what?"

"What?"

"Last night was SO hectic. Listen, I left my book bag at Jack and Jack's house, right?. So Gilinsky brought it over last night and right when he was about to leave Cameron shows up"

"NO" Jasmine yells.

"Yes! Then guess what?"

"What?" Jasmine said slowing day at the stop light.

"Gilinsky hugged me... right in front of Cameron"

"NO!" Jasmine yells again and I couldn't help but laugh. "Then what?"

"Cameron obviously wasn't happy about it. I could tell he was jealous of Gilinsky then he blurted out that he liked me"

"Seriously?" Jasmine says and she's smiling keeping her eyes on the road.

"And we talked about it and we....like kind of make it official". Jasmine looks over at me and her smile was gone.

"What does that mean?"

"Cameron and I...are dating" I laugh.

"Wow" she said. Not the type of response I wanted.

"Why aren't you happy?"

"I am"

"Then what's the problem?" I asked.

"Does his people know about this?" I look at her confused.

"I would think so, Jasmine what's the problem?"

"Relationships can make you or break you in the career you and Cameron are in and I don't want it to break you"

"We're dating, not discussing our views on politics"

"I know Melanie" I stare at her and kept silent for the rest of the ride. How would it make me or break me? When we pull up to the photo shoot place, it was pretty packed. This very loud woman greeted me and took me back for hair and make-up. Then a guy came to get me and took me into the dressing room for my first outfit. When it was time to get in front of the cameras I wasn't nervous at all. They played music in the background and everyone was super nice. I was super excited for this, it was a big deal. When it was rolling around 2pm, we still weren't done but I was super hungry. Jasmine brought me a salad from a vegan restaurant down the street. I get on my phone to see I had messages in the group chat from my girls.