48. (The Streamy Awards)

The day of the Streamy Awards

This is it. This is the day I've been waiting for. Although I never imagined it with Cameron Dallas, the more the merrier. It was about 10am and I lay in bed smiling. For once this week I was smiling. For the past three days I didn't talk to Nessa, Tana, and Lyndsey. Cameron and I exchange a few words here and there. Jasmine was the only person who wouldn't leave me alone. Someone knocks on my front door and I get and go over to answer it, Jasmine. I open the door and she was holding me a Starbucks drink and a treat in a Starbucks bag.

"Morning, morning" she says and I smile at her.

"Morning" I said and she steps in and I close the door.

"I stopped and got you a mocha frappe and a chocolate-chip muffin" she says putting it on the counter.

"Yum, thank you Jasmine"

"Are you excited?"

"Yes! You've been asking me that non-stop. I am really excited" I stare at her and she smiles at me. "How are the girls?"

"Ugh" she said walking over to the couch and sitting down. "You girls are best friends, and all this fighting needs to stop" I ignore her and take a drink of my frappe. "Alright, your beauty team will be here in about an hour. So finish your breakfast, go take a shower and shave every inch of your body"

"Even my..."

"Yes even your..." she says and we laugh. I grabbed my breakfast and went to my bedroom to watch some TV and eat. After I was done, I went to take a shower. I felt good, I felt amazing. I was screaming Justin Bieber "Cold Water" in the shower and life felt perfect. After my shower I get out and check my phone.

C: Hi beautiful! I hope u slept well and I cant wait to see u 2nite Mel.

M: I did and I can't wait to see you!

Andrea Russet text me.

A: Heard the news about you being a nominee and wanted to say congrats. I can't wait to see you tonight! You're going to be so hot

M: Thank you Andrea! I'm so excited to see you, you slay every year

Jack Gilinsky text me

J: I haven't got the chance to say congrats on being a nominee tonight. I have a really good feeling you're going to win. Have fun tonight Mel.

M: Thank you Jack, that means a lot! See you tonight.

Mama Smith text me

MS: Send me lots of pictures! Act like a lady! Smile. I'm so proud of you Mel, love you!

M: Thank you mama, I will and love you too!

After texting everyone back I hear chatter coming from the living room. I open my bedroom door to see a bunch of people coming into my house. I walk out to look for Jasmine and she was in the kitchen talking to someone.

"Hey?" I said to her and she looks at me.

"Good! You're out" she says walking pass me and going into the living room. "Alright everyone, please go get set up in different parts of the apartment. There is lots of food in the kitchen thanks to Carters Catering! Tonight is a big night for my girl so please put on 110%! Now let's get to work!" Jasmine yells and everyone claps. Someone starts to play music on my TV and I was super excited for this. I've never had my own glam squad and everyone was super nice. After all the eyebrow plucking, the eight people working on my hair and four people working to beat my face. It was time for the dress and I couldn't be any more excited. Jasmine brought it into my room and I put it on like it was the most fragile piece of clothing I ever worn. Which to be honest? It was. After putting my dress on, I stare at myself in the mirror. A lot can change in one year. You could be at the lowest part of your life then once you work hard you could feel like you are on top of the world. People always want the finish product but never want to do the work. I'm so happy how hard I push myself and now look at this amazing opportunity. It's all about following your dreams.