5: Scarlet Hands

*Thomas pov* 

"His name is Benjamin?" I asked Jane. He gave me the card, and I read the name. "That's him alright." 

"I know," he told me. "You know I would really love to go talk to this people that live her. Thomas come with me, we have much to do."  

"We do?" I asked trying to keep up with his fast pace. 

"We do. Now, tell me if I am lying. I love ham sandwiches, pickled eggs, and many pops. Am I lying?" 

I stared at him wondering what was wrong with him. I knew the ham sandwich was was true, his eyes and hands were fine. Once he said pickled eggs, I knew that it was false. His eyes flickered to the left, and he moved his thumb over is palm, clear signs someone is lying. Plus it just wasn't in Jane's character to like those kinds of things. 

"Yes and no," I answered. "You like ham sandwiches, but you hate pickled eggs and do not have that great fondness for soft drinks." 

"Very good. You can tell when someone is lying. Alright, let's go. Excuse me!" Jane called to a man and woman. The woman had bright red hair that had sunglasses in them. She looked up with perfect make-up on to match her dark skin tone and her green eyes. She had on a blue dress with a black jacket and was hugging the man. He had black hair, brown eyes, and his skin was much lighter than hers. He had on a suit and tie. 

The man walked up to us, and very angry said, "Are you CBI agents?" 

"She is," Jane answered pointing at me, "but I'm not. Why?" 

"I will not talk to anyone unless they are part of the CBI. Neither will Sara." 

The woman nodded and walked up to us. "Do you know who killed him?" 

"Why, I think I do. Pardon, what is your name?" Jane asked the man. 

"Chris Booth," Mr. Booth answered him. 

"Well Chris, I see you have a great temper. Say is that why you killed that man?" 

"What? I didn't kill him!" 

"Yes you did. I know you did, the question is why? What did you have against that man? Did you make you mad, say not pay his bills on time?" 

"Bills? How did you know I was a banker?" 

"Your pay cheek is hanging out of your pocket. So what was it?" 

"I am telling you I do not know him." 

"Your eyes have another story to tell. Do you know a Benjamin Summer?" 

"Not really. Why?" 

"For she does. Thank you that would be all. Thomas, would you take this woman in, she has something to do with this case, and if you look you can see she had blood under her finger nails." 

I looked saw the blood. "Care to explain this?" I asked her. She turned and ran like I was going to kill her. I took off running after her, hearing Chris yell at his wife to run faster and Jane for Lisbon. She was on one of the main roads when I grabbed the sleeve of her jacket. Like a snake she got out of the clothing and kept going. I notices the six red stars on her shoulder and I caught her. 

"Not so fast," I told her handcuffing her and touched the stars. "Where did you get these?" 

"None of your business," she growled as I helped her up. "You'll never pine me for this!" 

"Oh I'm sure we can think of something. Running from a law enforcer is one of them. Now put the jacket back on. Mr. Jane won't like those stars." 

She did has she was told, and I steered her to the house. Lisbon was looking at Jane and everyone else saw me place her in the car. The next thing to do is to go back to base and figure out our clues, and interview this girl. If things like this keep going, I might get a better name back home. We were in Holtvile, a small town. I didn't see too much of town, but I think I will the next time I come around, which would be very, very soon. 

How was that? I know, short chapter, boo, but we have to them from time to time. Anyway, I would like to give place an ad her, and it's for _DatWriterChick who is editing for people who need one. So if you do go PM her, or even give me a shout, and I could try and help. Anyway, if you wish for me to like give you a shout out or mention you for anything, say a book or such, let me know and I will. Also, you can see Lisbon at the side. I will do all the characters at the side for a chapter, just so you can get an idea of what they look like. Alright, I am done. Peace out Stars.