13: Hearts and Promises

*Thomas' pov* 

"Can you replay it?" Lisbon asked me for the fifth time. We were trying to track were the call had come from, but so far we were getting nothing. Whoever called me knew what they were doing so we couldn't track it. 

"I'm sorry boss," VanPelt told her shacking her head sadly. I was sitting next to Jane, and he was looking out the window in deep thought. He held my hand in comfort, and I was glad he was there. The call came has soon has he left, and I was scared. I didn't know what to do, who to call, and where to go. I was glad Jane came back, but I called him Patrick! I shouldn't have done that. I was still unclear about my feelings for him. 

"Dammit!" Lisbon cried hitting the table. "We have to find these people before they do something to Thomas!" 

"We are trying, but it seems like this person didn't even call," Rigsby told her. Him and Cho were trying to help VanPelt with the call, and Lisbon was standing behind me. 

"They have to of called!" I cried. I was upset. I dealt with the Red Stars before, and it was not a fun thing to do, I think. 

"Sorry Thomas," Cho said, "but we can't find them." 

"You have to!" 

"We will try our best," Lisbon told me, taking my hand from Jane's who still did not look at us. "Till then I will put police at your house, one of us can stay with you, and we will make sure nothing happens to you." 

"What about Jane? They said his name too," I replied looking at him. He looked over at me and smiled a bit. 

"I guess I am stuck at your place," he answered retaking my hand. His smile disappeared and he got serious again. "Will the guards be enough?" he asked Lisbon. She shrugged. 

"I don't know," she answered looking at the others. "Cho, either you are Rigsby will take tonight, then the one who doesn't take it tonight will do it tomorrow, then VanPelt, and lastly I will. We will go in order until we have caught the Red Stars, alright?" 

"Yes boss," they all said. 

"We will not let Thomas leave here without someone with her, understand?" 

"Yes boss."  

"Good. I am going to go get that up and ready when Thomas gets home. Jane, go make her some tea or something. Calm her down. Cho, Risgsby, VanPelt, keep trying to find out where that call came from!" 

Lisbon walked into her office and shut the door. The others went to work, and Jane helped me up and lead me into the break room. Just like my first day here he got out two cups and put hot water and tea bags in them. He sat one in front of me and one in front of himself. The tea filled me with warmth and it tasted so good. What cheered me up was looking into Jane's blue eyes and seeing the kindness in them, the compassion. Looking into those eyes brought back the kiss. It was sweet, and it helped calm me down. 

"Don't look so upset," Jane told me lifting my chin like he usually does when he want me to look up. I loved it when he did that. 

"I can't help it Patrick," I told him, using his first name again! Why is it that in my mind I can easily call him Jane, but when I talk to him, I have to use that name? 

"Hey, Lisbon will take care of it, okay? The Red Stars won't get you again, I promise."  

"But what if they do? What will happen to me? What will happen to you?" 

"Nothing is going to happen! Missy, please don't think like this. Please." 

"Okay. I won't. Patrick, about the kiss, I wanted to say I was sorry. I don't know what come over me. I know that you would hate it when I kissed you, and that it was probably the worse thing that ever happened to you, and that I-" 

I guess I was talking too much, or maybe he was tired of hearing me talk this way. What ever the reason, Patrick Jane pulled me close to him, and kissed me. It was a little forceful, but passonte at the same time. It was just like him: caring and strong. We pulled apart when we heard aw's from the door. We looked up to see the team, Lisbon included, staring at us. I looked at Patrick and saw him blush a bit. 

"Isn't that sweet?" Lisbon asked smiling and laughing. "I think Jane might have found himself a girlfriend." 

"Way to go Jane!" Rigsby cried laughing more than Lisbon. 

"Didn't know you had it in you," Cho told him with a small smile. 

"Oh look, I think we are making him blush!" VanPelt said pointing at Jane. 

"I am not!" he remarked looking up, and I saw his pink cheeks, and knew he was. 

"You are blushing!" I told him laughing with the others has he made a cute little upset face. 

"I am not blushing! And to Missy being my girlfriend, she is not." 

"Why not Jane?" Lisbon asked turning her head a little to the right. 

"I havn't asked her properly yet," he answered, making me roll my eyes at him. 

"Then why don't you do it?" Cho asked him. 

"Well you all are watching." 

"So?" 

"Come on Jane, just ask her," VanPelt ordered him. 

"Um... Missy would you-" 

"Yes Patrick, I would," I answered before he asked. He smiled and looked up at the others. 

"See, I can make wise and legal choices!" 

"Shocking," Rigsby said while they left me alone with Patrick. 

"Thanks for not making me have to say it all out," he told me with a grin. 

"I figured it would be awkward with them all here. But I do want you to do one thing if you are going to date me." 

"I am scared now. What is it?" 

"You do have to ask me!" 

"Oh come on Missy! Do you really want me to make a fool of myself?" 

"Hasn't stopped you before." 

"Ugh, you are a little pest you know that?" 

"Yep. Now do it!" 

"Alright. Missy Thomas, would you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" 

"You are asking me out Patrick, not asking me to by your wife!" 

"I am rusting, alright? Do you want to be or not?" 

"Yes, I do." 

"Now who sounds like they are getting married?" 

"Shut up and kiss me!" 

He did, and it was wonderful.  

So Tane is on! Whoop whoop! I am in love with this couple. So I have a question for you all: Should I make a sequel after this? I could do it with NB since that is pretty much written now. Let me know if you want one, or let me know later on down the road. Let's see, it would be after all this stuff I have planned to do to these guys, like a month or two, and a few more cases. Trust me, I have like a lot more to come. So what do you all say? Let me know, and know for what seems like my leaving saying! Peace out Stars!