16: Help Me

*Jane's pov* 

I was laying on the couch in the office thinking about the case. What did I have besides a frying pan that had my blood on it? Nothing. Only Rigsby saw the men, and all of them were wearing red masks. Great. That did not make my job easier. I was listening to Lisbon giving out orders to everyone. All of the CBI seemed to be working on getting Missy back, but I had to do it. She was mine, and mine alone. 

"Jane," Lisbon said making me look over at her. She looked upset, and she walked over. "You want to help us find Thomas?" 

"I'm thinking," I answered. "There has to be a clue somewhere!" 

"Jane, I know it hurts. It is hurting us all." 

"You don't know how much it hurts me. I was there, Lisbon." 

"So where other men!" 

"I could have done something!" 

"Hey boss," Cho said walking in looking really upset. We were all taking it hard. Missy was part of the CBI, and she was counting on us to keep her safe. 

"What is it Cho?" Lisbon asked him. 

"A video call. They want to talk to you and Jane." 

"What about?" I asked sitting up. 

"Missy. It's the Red Stars." 

I got up and followed him quickly. 

"Are you tracing it?" Lisbon asked him. 

"VanPelt is trying, but there are a lot of firewalls in the way," he told her. "She doesn't know if she can do it in time." 

"Good, at least she is trying." 

We walked into the room with all the people looking at a computer screen. A man dressed in all black stood before us. He had on a mask that covered everything but his lips, and all I saw was his black hair. He smiled when we got close enough to see and be seen. 

"Miss Lisbon, Mister Jane," the man said. 

"What do you want?" Lisbon asked harshly. 

"Someone seems upset." 

"I am when the person who takes one of my agents and friends calls me." 

"Oh that is just water under the bridge. I have a reason for calling." 

"What is it?" 

"Missy Thomas." 

"Where is she?" I asked. The man grinned, and I could see his perfect white teeth. 

"Why, she is right here Mister Jane. I wanted to show you what I did to her the first night she was here. I am making her revisit those nights, and then she will be killed." 

"No!" 

"What to say hello?" he asked stepping out of the way. I saw Missy strapped to a pole that looked like some kind of a machine. She was hanging there, and she was trying to get out of it. All she had on was her underwear, and tape covered her mouth. She looked up and shock her head and tried to say something, but it couldn't be heard. 

"Missy," I cried holding back tears. She looked at me, and her eyes got softer, then they looked at the man was was walking up behind her, and he took the tape off of her mouth. 

"Patrick," she sighed. 

"Have they hurt you?" Risgsby asked her. She looked up and smiled. 

"You are okay. Not yet, but I know what they are going to do. I remembered all of it. I wish I hadn't." 

"I will find you, I promise," I told her. She looked at me, then she yelled out in pain. I saw the man in a mask holding a whip, and he hit her again. She yelled out every time the leather hit her skin, and I could see the blood running down her legs. Tears where in her eyes, and a cruel, sick grin was on his face. 

"Stop it!" Lisbon cried, but the man ignored her. He moved in front of her, and hit her stomach. A clean line of blood formed on her skin and I had tears in my eyes. 

"No!" I yelled when she closed her eyes. "Missy please be okay, please." 

"Help me," she croaked before fainting from blood loss. The man hit her one more time, then walked over to the laptop. 

"A week of this," he told us. "A week of torture is to come for Missy Thomas. The question is, can you find her in time?" 

"You heartless bastard!" I yelled at him crying. I could see Missy behind him, and it was sick to think of the pain she was in when he hit her. He hit my Missy. He hurt her. "I will find her!" 

"I'm sure you will Mister Jane," he told me. Then the screen went black. 

"No, no, no!" I cried hitting the desk. 

"Boss," VanPelt said sounding glad. 

"What is it Grace?" Lisbon asked looking over at her. 

"I-I got a reading!" she cried with joy. "I know where the call came from!" 

Ohhhhh.... I wonder what's going to happen? Hehe, I do know, but the rest of you will have to live without the knowledge of knowing! MWHAHAHAHAHA! I'm kidding, you will learn in the next few chapters what is going on with our favorite mentalists. So let me know what you think. Since I am bored and want to get this to at least a certain number, are you going any place special for the holidays? I'm not, but are you? So let's see, I think there will be at least more than 25 chapters in this book. I don't know the certain number, just that. Peace out my Stars!