10: Case Closed

"So what does this paper look like?" Lisbon asked me while we dug through all of Ben's stuff. All of us were trying to get this paper so we could figure out Tim's motive on killing Ben. Most cases weren't this easy, and I knew they would only get harder. At least we were about to close this one. 

"Tim didn't say what it looked like, just that it would mean someone took his daughter," I told her. Cho groaned and looked at a desk filled with papers. All the team was there, and all of us were looking, besides Jane who was watching us. I looked up and glared at him. 

"Want to help?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and walked over. 

"I can if you want me to," he said looking at the papers. 

"That would be nice Jane," Rigsby told him. Jane took out one of the papers, looked at it, and handed it to Lisbon. 

"Here you go," he told her and walked away. We all looked at it and glared at Jane. 

"You have got to be kidding me!" VanPelt cried. It was the document that we were looking for, and Jane only spent two seconds looking for it while the rest of us spent half the day doing it. 

"No way," Rigsby said reading it. "That is a reason to kill someone." 

"No kidding," I told him taking the paper. "We have to tell Tiffany about this." 

"And Chris," Cho added. We all agreed and went out to the cars. We had mine, the van, and whatever Lisbon was driving. I was driving my car with Rigsby, and the others in the van. Lisbon was going to be late, so she got here in her own car. We all took off to the Wright's home. 

-----A few hours later-------- 

"You can't be serious, can you?" Tiffany asked me. I nodded my head. "Oh Chris, I never knew!" 

"It's fine Mom," the girl told her looking at her birth certificate. On the paper stood her mother's name, and another man's name that was not Tim's. 

"You see," Jane told the two, "Ben found this out and was furious. He didn't want his sister and niece to live with the fact that this man wasn't the father. When he told Tim that he wanted to be sure that Chris was not Tim's daughter, they agreed. The results came back showing that he wasn't, but someone you must have dated a long time ago. Ben looked him up, but the father is dead. Your brother demanded that your husband tell you the truth, but Tim wouldn't do it. So when Tim was off getting ice cream, he saw Ben near this house. He lead him to the back yard and they started to talk. Tim got angry, and killed him with a bat he found near the house. He took his ID's and threw them in a tree, then buried the bat." 

"Thank you so much," Tiffany told all of us. He told her we were welcome, and we left them alone. We went back to the base to work on paper work and Jane and I had work to do. 

------At the office----- 

"Are you sure this won't hurt me?" I asked has Jane started to move things around at my desk. The others were watching us now, and I was really nervous. What if I did remember, and it wasn't good? What if it was good? I really wasn't ready, but I knew that Jane was right, and I did have to find out. 

"I am positive it won't hurt you physically, but I can't say mentally," he told me. 

"Great," I mumbled. He took out his card deck, and he started to shuffle. 

"Now Missy, I need you to watch the cards closely. Don't look at anything else, just the cards. I don't want you to listen to anything else, just my voice. There is nothing but my voice and the cards. My voice and the cards, my voice-" I didn't hear what he said after that. I blacked out. 

*Jane's pov* 

I was watching Thomas' eyes the whole time I was specking. I was waiting for the pupil to get large so that I knew she was under my trick. She was after a few minutes, and I continue to move the cards, but I changed what I was saying. 

"Now, I want you to go back to that night. You are sitting with your friend, and these men come in. They killed your friend and have taken you. Now what happens?" 

"They tied my hands," she told me looking blankly at the cards. "They gagged me and were laughing at me. They smacked me, and kicked me, saying I wasn't so tough, why would their boss want me? I- I don't know. They took me someplace, but I can't see it. It's there, but gone. They- they, I don't know." She had tears in her eyes, and I could tell that the memoirs were right there, so close, but she could reach them. The rooms in her memory palace were locked from the inside, and so far, I wasn't the key. 

"Missy, Missy, calm down. Breath in, and breath out. Good. Now, I think this is enough for today. Now come out of it!" 

I saw her eyes fade back into what they were before I started the trance, and she looked up hopeless. Her green eyes looked like they were hungry for the truth. 

"Didn't work so well, did it?" she asked me. 

"I'm sorry," I told her taking her hands in mine. "I know it is tough, but I can see that you want to know what happened now, don't you?" 

"I do, Jane. They hit me, they tied me up. I can't just let that be all. I know they did something big to me, and I need to know what." 

Tears were rolling down her face, and Rigsby whipped them up. She looked up at all of them, and VanPelt hugged her. 

"Hey," Cho told her, "we will help you with whatever we can. Trust us, you won't be doing this alone." 

"Thanks," she told them looking up and smiling. "Lisbon, can I go home early? I don't feel the greatest." 

"Sure," she told her. "Feel better, and then come in. Crime never sleeps." 

"Thanks." 

"Do you want me to drive you home?" I asked her has she got up. 

"Jane my car is here," she answered. 

"I don't mind walking home." 

"If you want. Bye guys," she told everyone, and I took her home, wishing that I could do something to help her. 

I know, not the best ending, but it is my first! So let me know what you think, and maybe give me a vote or comment. Peace out Stars!