18: Nothing to Fear

The box was lifted open and I saw the men standing over me. The next 'test' was going to happen. I was not going to like it. The next test had to deal with something even more unpleasant then my fear. They untied me and pushed me to another room. In this room was a table that I was strapped onto, and then tape was put on my eyes. I knew this torture was to make me watch people dying. I never have liked watching anyone die, even if I didn't know them. The screen started, and one of the men held my head forward. I couldn't close my eyes or move my head. All I could do was watch. 

Don't think about it, I thought. Think about someone you care about. Think about... Patrick. That made the video fade away from my eyes when I thought about his face. He may have a lot of laugh wrinkles, but he was still a kid at heart. His blue eyes, his dirty blond hair, everything. He just made me melt when he spoke, and knowing him he was staying up just to find me. He was going to look every single place until he knows that I am safe. He will be devastated when he learns I am dead if he doesn't find me in time. He was just perfect in my mind. Patrick was all I thought about. I heard the screams, I saw the death, but I didn't care. I had someone special out there, and his name was Patrick Jane. 

The man took the tape off of my eyes and I blinked to get them wet again. The video stopped, and I was released off the table. They took me back to my bed, and I was once again tied to it. I didn't care. Patrick was going to save me. He was going to find me, then he was going to pester Lisbon to let him come so he could see me. If he didn't get to go, then he was going to be waiting for me when I got back. I trust him enough that he will find me. He has too. Please Jane, just come and get me! 

I knew I needed to sleep, so I drifted off thinking about the next thing to come, and how I had only three more days to live. I was going to be able to sleep all day today, so when I awoke, all it would be is him hurting me. 

-----The next day----- 

I felt someone untie the ropes off my hands. I opened my eyes, but only to see the man who must have been in charge doing it. He smiled down at me, then whispered in my ear, "I think you will like this next one." 

I knew I wouldn't. I think that this was one of the worst days of my life, for they fit three different stations into one for all of this day. I knew it was a day because they told me how many hours were left in the day has they did them. Each one lasted eight hours. The first one sucked just because it had to do with mice. I hated mice a lot. I wasn't afraid of them, I just didn't like them touching me. If they were in a cage or something I wouldn't mind. In fact I found them cute until they touched me. Now try being thrown into a room with mice covering them, and you are tied up. That is what they did. For eight hours I had mice of different colors crawling on me. 

Once a white mice sat on my arms for what felt like half an hour. A brown one ran all over me, and I felt my skin move where it had ran. A black one went down my shirt. It felt strange and not pleasant for them to be doing this. No matter what, there was always a mouse on me, either black or brown, grey or white, or even a mixture of colors. I was grateful when the man came back and took me out of the room I was laying in. I still felt the mice crawling and racing on me. I just wanted to go back to the room and stay there. 

Unfortunately, I had another eight hour torture chamber to go to. I was brought back to the room where I was hit at. Instead of being lashed at by a whip, though, I had another thing to be done. In the corner there was a tank. I couldn't see in it, but my lead captor left me in the hands of women. They looked mine and nasty, and took off my clothing. They took off the tape and pushed me down into the tank. For a whole eight hours I was pushed under water until I felt my lungs would explode, then brought back up to catch my breath, then the whole process was repeated. I hated to feel like I was going to die but then know I was going to be saved. I felt I was cheating death, and that I was going to get a horrible death when it did come to me. It just wasn't something I was looking forward too. When the women where done they dried me off and put my clothing back on. The place the rope and tape back on me, then sent me off with the man once again. 

The last of the eight hours where one of the worst. My body was once again strapped to a table, but instead of watching a video, I was watching needles go into my body. They would put them in, then take them out. I was afraid of needles ever since my mom took me to the hospital for a cat scan, and the needle they used made my vain pop. I didn't like them, and I never would. Seeing so many in my body was pure fear. I wanted to yell at them to take them out. When they did, they did it 'nice' and slow with a smile on their face. Eight hours of this, and nothing else. The tears stung my eyes, and I felt like I was going to die of fright. When those eight hours where up, I was taken back to my little bed and tied back up. 

I laid there crying, and when the man came back to give me water, he spoke in my ear. 

"Do not cry Missy," he told me making me drink the water. "There is nothing to fear. It is almost over, and you will be able to rest in peace. No more fear and pain will come to you. Only two more days and then you will be killed. Do not cry my dear girl." 

"Please stop," I sobbed and he looked back at me. 

"I cannot do that. But I will make a deal with you." 

"What?" I asked. I wanted to know. I no longer cared who was going to be sad. If they heard what had been done to me, they would be grateful I was dead instead of this. 

"I will let you call the people you want to say good bye too, if you do something for me. I will also cut the days in half. Only one more day would be till you die." 

"What is it that you want?" 

"A kiss from you is all I want. What do you say?" 

"Just a kiss? You will not rape me or anything? Just a kiss and I can speak to people before I die and it will be only a day?" 

"Just a kiss for all of that." 

"Alright," I told him. He leaned down, and his cold lips touched mine. It felt nothing like when Patrick kissed me. This man's kiss was cold and slimy. No love was behind it, only hunger and want. When I kissed Patrick I felt the love. His kiss was warm and caring. He wanted it, but he wanted me to like it also, and I did. This man just wanted to like it, and did not care if I did or not. He took his lips and smiled. 

"It will be down. Now sleep my dear girl. It will be your last day on Earth." 

He left me alone again, and I thought about who I would call. I could call anyone I wanted I assumed. I would call my uncle and tell him I loved him. I would call my cousin Lisa who was also my best friend. I would call my team if he would let me, but I doubt he would. I also hoped he let me call Patrick. I wanted to hear his voice one more time, and let him know that I loved him. I do, and I just want to hear a joke, a laugh, a sweet melody that was in every word he said. I just wanted him. 

Merry Christmas Eve! I hope it is a great one, and that instead of reading an evil writer's story you spend time with your family and read this the day after Christmas. Well unless you want to read it with your family, I guess that is okay. Let me know what you want for Christmas, then maybe tell me if you got it. I want books and video games, but I usually get money so that I can just buy them myself. Hope your holidays are wonderful, and that you all watch a Wonderful Life with people you love. Has the girl says, "Every time a bell rings, an angle get's its wings." Love this movie. 

Also you can see what my two mice look like. Those aren't really them, but they look just like them. The darker one's name is Cheese, and the light one's name is Fuzzy. I'm not the best at naming things.  Peace out my Stars!