11: Apple of His Eye

*Thomas' pov* 

I was asleep in my bed when I had a strange dream. It was more like a memory than it was a dream. 

I awoke in a bed, handcuffed to it. The room was dark, and all I could see were the six red stars I have grown to hate. All of a sudden a man came out from the shadows. He walked up to me with a smile and he started to pat my cheek. I know that screaming would be pointless, and that is what this man wanted. He did this for a good ten minutes before walking to the foot of the bed and sat down.

"So you are the famous Missy Thomas," he said.

"I'm not famous, but I am Missy Thomas," I told him.

"That is where you are wrong. In my mind, you are a perfect cop. You don't stab people in the back, you want to help them. You don't hut people unless they break the law. You are not like the other police officers in your unit. You love what you do, and you do it so well. Not to mention you are very beautiful."

"What do you want?"

"I want to see just how perfect you are. How will you figure out what I have done to you when you cannot remember anything about these nights to come. I will put you through so much you will wish you were dead," he told me standing over top of me. He surprised me when he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Tyger, tyger, burning bright. In the forest of the night. What immortal hand or eye, could frame thy fearful symmetry? Beautiful poem, and I think one of my dear friends told this to his enemy. Him and you have much alike. I do not recall his name, but I do know that you both are mentalist. You may not know that word, but you soon will. Good bye Missy, I will see you soon."

The man kissed my cheek and left me alone in the room with the stars. Mentalist? What is that? And who is the man that my captor was speaking about? Why can't I remember after this?

I opened my eyes panting heavily with sweat rolling down my face. I looked around my cozy little bed room, and saw a man sitting in a chair fast asleep. I rubbed my eyes and looked again, but this time saw it was only Jane. I almost forgot that he said he was going to stay here so I could drive him to work in the morning, and to make sure I was alright.

"Jane," I whispered at him. He did not move. "Jane. Jane! JANE!" His eyes flickered open and he looked up at me. I had to yell his name just to wake him up. Either he is a really heavy sleeper, or he was just really tired.

"What?" he asked looking up at me.

"What the hell? I could have been dying and you wouldn't  have heard my screams!"

"Are you dying?"

"No."

"Than what is the problem? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Kind of."

"Does little Thomas need me to keep her safe from the monsters?"

"Jane, I'm serious! I- I remembered more of that night."

"What?" he asked all joking leaving his voice and face. He sat up more in the chair, and looked me straight in the eyes, his blue going into my green. "What was it?"

"I was in the room handcuffed like I told you. A man walked up and said I was famous because I was a perfect cop. He told me I was not like the rest, but he wanted to see just how perfect I was. He told me that I was going to go thorough things that would make me wish I was dead. Yet he wanted to see if I could figure out what he has done without remembering. Then he told me the poem and that a friend of his told this to his enemy. He told me that I was alike the man, but he could not remember the name. That is when he called me a mentalist. What does it mean Jane?"

"I don't know," Jane sighed leaning back into the chair running his hand through his hair. He looked deep in thought, and I brought him back.

"Do you think that you caused this memory back into my head?" I asked.

"It is possibly, but I can't tell you that," he answered.

"Huh?"

"I might have shacking the door loss, but in all truth, I think that you willed yourself to remember this piece. I look at the brain has a memory palace. You store memories into certain parts, but some of your palace's doors are locked. You have to find the right key, and then you have to figure out what to do with that. Inside each door that is locked is a piece of the puzzle. Once you unlock and put the puzzle together, you will have the whole night. It will take time Thomas."

"Thank you for helping me Jane. People say you act only in what you think is best, but I don't think you do. You want to help people, but you just have a strange way of doing it." 

"You're welcome. Now why don't you go back to sleep? I will be right here, okay?" 

"Alright. Good night Jane." 

"Good night Thomas,' closed my eyes to the sound of Jane breathing in and out, deep in thought. 

*Jane's pov* 

I don't do things in selfish reasons, she said. I want to help people, like her. Of course I want to help people, much like myself, but I don't know why I want to help her. I have never felt this way before, save three times. One with my wife, two with Lisbon, and the third with Kristina. None of those worked out, or ever will. Angela ended up dead because I couldn't protect her from Red John. The same goes to Kristina, who I still do not know if he killed her or not. Lisbon, well, let's say it did not work the last time I tried.

I have tried, don't get me wrong, but something goes wrong when I try. It seems that anyone that I show love and passion for gets hurt. I don't want to make Thomas that big in my life. I just can't see anymore women in my life get hurt. I can't stand to think of anyone getting hurt because of me.

Yet Missy... No, this can't be going on. I just meant her! Oh dammit! Maybe Missy was wrong when she told me I was a good person.

Ohhh, I wonder what Jane is thinking in his head. Hehe, I do know, but you don't! I'm a heartless bitch at times, God. So what do you think is going on in Jane's pretty little mind? Will Thomas remember what happened, or will 'the doors stay locked?' Why am I asking you all these questions you have no idea what the answers are? Find out later. Well, I just felt like asking questions. Also go cheek out _DatWritterChick, cause she is an amazing person, who gave me the idea to get this dream, and I think you would like what she is writting. Go look her up, she is my best friend, and helps me out when I need it. Thanks go out to her! Peace out my Stars!