15: Why?

"She was what?" I asked standing up against what Lisbon wanted. I didn't want to believe that she was just gone. She had to be safe. It was just a joke, it had to be. I opened all the doors in the house, and looked everyplace she could be. She just wasn't anywhere. I was in her room, and I started to cry. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. 

"Why?" I sobbed. "Why would they do this to me?" 

"They didn't want to hurt you," VanPelt told me. "They were trying to hurt Thomas. I promise that we will get her back." 

"How would you know?" I asked my anger coming out. "People have always wanted to hurt me. No matter who they are, they have wanted to hurt me. Taking my wife and daughter was one way Red John hurt me. Taking any of my team hurt me. Taking Kristina hurt me. Now Missy is gone, and I don't know where she is, or if she will be coming back to me alive!" 

"Jane," she gasped, and looked at me with shock on her face. I sighed and took her hands in mine. 

"I'm sorry VanPelt," I told her. "I just know something bad was going to happen if I got to close to Missy, and I was right." 

"It's fine Jane. Just calm down, and think about this like it was someone you didn't know. Think of all the clues. Missy would know you could solve this case, and you will." 

Grace walked out of the room, and I sat down on the bed. I looked at the picture of Missy and her father, and I looked away. 

"I promise I will find you," I promised her, where ever she was. "I'll make the people who took you pay for hurting you. I just hope that you won't be hurt to bad when I find you." 

*Missy's pov* 

I opened my eyes to see the room I was trapped in so long ago. The stars were still were I remembered. The bed felt has hard has it did a long time ago. The only difference is that this time instead of handcuffs, I had ropes binding me to the bed, both on my hands and on my feet. A piece of duct tape covered my mouth, and I was even more scared. 

They killed the men Lisbon put out to keep me safe. Men and women were not going to see their husbands and wives, siblings, children because of me. Rigsby. They shout his shoulder, and he was lying in pain on my lawn. I hoped he was still alive when I got home. If I got home. 

Jane. Oh God, what did they do to him? I saw them smack his head with a frying pan. I shout the man who did it, but he had buddies to help him. They grabbed me, they tied me, they gagged me, they just took me from my home, again. I knew that I was going to have to re buy a home, because I wasn't going to stay there. Not after all that has been done in that house. I bought that one after my last visit with the Red Stars. 

The same man from the last time walked into the room. He was glaring at me, and he slammed the door shut. He walked over to me, and slammed his fist next to my head. I flinched when he did this, and the kindness towards me was all gone. 

"How could you?" he yelled at me. "You were going to be the perfect woman for me, and you were going to remember! I even warned you not to get to attached to Mister Jane! Your mother and sister may have had to pay the price for you to live. Now, you are going to go through every single thing again, but this time, you are not going to live through it. Good day Miss Thomas!" 

He stormed out of the room, and I was even more scared. That was what this was about. The memories that were gone so long come rushing back. The door of my memory palace were unlocked, and the tears were flooding my eyes. I knew every single thing that the Red Stars did to me, and it was awful. I wasn't going to live this time, I wasn't going to see my friends and family's face ever again. 

Poor Uncle Louis. He might seem like a bad guy to everyone else, but to the Thomas' he was the kindest person we knew. He was just not the smartest man then. He is paying off his crime, and he will be glad when he gets out. I can see his smiling face when I go and see him, He always calls me baby girl, and I love the warmth of his skin and clothes. He was going to cry at my funeral. 

Rigsby. I was never going to find out if he was safe or not. I could see his smiling face, and the way he cared for VanPelt. It was clear to anyone who had eyes that those two loved each other, even if they didn't see it. Even with murder about in the air, they could be joyful. It was a hard job to do, and I was going to miss both of them. 

Cho. Gosh, he might be the hardest person to like, but I did. He took his job seriously, and he cared for his team. He didn't want to see us get hurt, and I'm not saying anything bad about the way Rigsby handled the situation, but if Cho was there, things would have been different. I just don't know if I would like the way that it would have went. 

Lisbon. How could anyone hate her? She was kind, and she cared about anyone she could help. She had a sense of duty to her team and her job. She was always there to lend a hand, and things went smoothly when she was in charge. She had to put up with us, but at the end of the day, she was glad she got to do it. It was clear on her face, and in her heart. 

Patrick. Oh, Patrick. The tears flowed even harder when I thought about how much this would hurt him. I now know that when the Red Stars said his name, it was a warning to me not to date him. But love has a different note to play. I know that if something out there wanted us to be, then Jane would come and save me. I don't know how many clues he will get, but I did know that he was going to find me. The problem is, would he find me dead or alive? 

I can just feel the evilness coming off of me. So let me know what you think. Also, if you wish, let me know what you are doing for Christmas Eve! My mom makes us spend time together and get to hang out. We eat and talk, and watch whatever show is on television. Do you have plans? Peace out meh Stars!