12: The Red Sun

*Thomas' pov* 

Ever think that you have done something wrong without knowing what it is? I felt that way when I woke up to Jane gone. I walked into my living room to find him asleep on the couch. It was only three o'clock in the morning, so I grabbed a blanket and put it over him. He seemed so at home there, and I looked up at the clock then back at Jane. I wonder how heavy he was, cause I wasn't going to fall back asleep now, so I didn't see why he couldn't have my bed. 

I picked him up to find him much heavier than I thought. I granted, but still got him into the bed without him waking up. Thought that might be because I hit his head a little on the door. Whoops. I placed the covers over him, and felt to make sure he didn't have a knot. He didn't so I went to my kitchen and waited a good six hours before Jane stumbled into the kitchen to see breakfast and me sitting on and by the counter. I had a cup of coffee in my hand to help wake me up a little more. 

"Morning Jane," I told him as he sat down rubbing his head. "How you feel?" 

"Did I hit my head on the way to the couch?" he asked. "How did I end up in your bed?" 

"I don't think so, and I put you there when I woke up. I didn't see why you couldn't have a soft bed while I was up." 

"You hit my head on the way to the room, didn't you?" 

"Yep. You like French Toast?" 

"You hit my head and now you are offering me French Toast? Missy Thomas, you are a strange girl!" 

"Well, Patrick Jane, do you want the toast or not?" 

"Yes please. Maybe a little Tylenol too would be nice."  

"How about ice too?" 

"Lovely. Do you happen to have any tea around?" 

I held up another cup and placed it in front of him. He smiled at me and I got out an ice pack and wrapped it in a dish towel. I slide it over and he placed it on his head. I got out the stack of French Toast out of my oven and put it on the counter, along with some Tylenol for Jane. I sat down next to him and took the two plates off of the counter and put one in front of Jane and one in front of myself. I already had syrup on the counter. We ate in silence until Jane looked up at me, those blue eyes still not missing a thing. 

"So did you remember anything about the Red Stars?" Jane asked in between bits. 

"No," I answered sadly. 

"Hey, like I said, it will take time. I promise that I will be there for you when it happens, alright?" 

"I know." 

I looked out the window and saw the sun. It was bright and red in the sky, and seemed to know what was going on with it. Everyone I have ever meant as been like the sun. Me? No, and people say I should move on and be grateful I can't remember that night. I don't bless not knowing, cause it takes away the fact someone out there hurt me, wanted me to forget. The only way I know that they won't hurt me again is if I remember what they did to me so we can stop them. I looked over to Jane who was staring at me with thought in his eyes. 

"A penny for your thoughts," I told him with a smile. 

"What?" he asked coming out of his thought. 

"I asked you what you were thinking." 

"Oh. I rather not say." 

"Please Jane!" 

"Missy, I can't. It's too personal." 

"Alright. If you wish to share, let me know." 

"Missy, I think I should leave." 

"Why?" 

"I just do." 

"Did I do something wrong?" 

"No, it's something I did. I have to go. I will see you at the office later," he rushed putting the ice pack down, grabbing his coat and rushing out the door. I watched him leave, and sat there all alone. 

What was that about? Did I hit him too hard? Was it something I said? I wish he would just walk through that door and tell me that he was joking, but I don't think he was going to. Why did I care so much? I mean it was only Jane, and I did find him annoying most of the time, even if his blue eyes held me like I was in a trance. And his hair was so perfect the way it looked like he never combed it. Holy crap what was happening to me? Was I falling in love with Patrick Jane? 

*Jane's pov* 

I sat on the park bench thinking about her. Why was beyond me, but I couldn't help it. Every time I look into her green eyes, see that soft black hair, I can't help but want to hug her and bring back all the things she lost. I still couldn't see why anyone would want to hurt her, she was so perfect. Her looks, her job, her, ugh! I can't fall in love with Missy! I can't fall in love with anyone! 

I wanted to so badly, but every women I have ever loved has fallen pray to hurt and death. Yet Missy had faith in me that I would protect her and keep her safe. She might hold trust, but I sure didn't. I just wanted to be with her. I mean sure she smacked my head into a wall, but she did it for a good reason. 

I stood up and walked back the way I came. I had to talk with her. I just had to. I went up to her house and saw her care still in the garage. I smiled and opened the door. I walked into the kitchen and saw her with her head in her hands. I walked over and hugged her. 

"What's the matter Missy? Miss me already?" I asked her and she looked up. 

"Patrick?" she asked using my first name, something she has never done. 

"Yes." 

"Oh Patrick," she cried into my shoulder, something I wasn't ready for. I held her even tighter to me, and looked her in the eyes. 

"Missy, what's wrong?" 

"The Red Stars," she answered through her tear shocked eyes. I whipped them away, but they kept coming. 

"What about them? Did you remember something about them?" 

"No. Listen!" 

She picked up her cell phone and pressed a few buttons. I then heard a song, sad and evil at the same time. Then the voice spoke, the same has the song. 

"So Missy Thomas, you have seen your mother and sister?" the voice asked, a man. "Good. I bet you thought I was done with you, but I am far from done with you. I hope that you don't get to comfortably with Mister Jane, Miss Thomas. I would hate to have to do anything to him. Good bye." 

She cried harder into my shoulder, then did something I wasn't expecting. She kissed me, not on the cheek, but on the lips. I didn't pull away, but instead gave it back. It was long and sweet. Her lips tasted of the French Toast we just ate, and I grieved her lips back on mine when she pulled away. 

"Don't leave me again," she whispered. 

"I won't," I told her, lifting her chin up so she could see me, "but we have to tell Lisbon and the others. They have to know so that we can protect you. Okay?" 

"Yes Patrick. I understand." 

"Then let's go." I lead her out to the car, and we made our way to the CBI bass. 

I had a lot of fun writing this one! So to all you Lisbon and Jane shippers, sadly that is not in this book. I really don't think it would work between the two, even thought I would love to see it! Anyway, let me know what you think. Let's see anything to tell you, oh! My friend Summer and I were talking, and this ship, Jane and Thomas, will be called Tane. Let me know what you think, maybe give me a comment or vote? Peace out my Stars!