20: Is She Dead?

*Jane's pov*

I was still on the couch when Lisbon came in. It had been about twenty minutes since Missy called. I was still crying from the conversion. She loved me. She told me that even if the world gave up on me, she wouldn't; she would love me no mater what. Yet she was going to be killed once she got off the phone with me. I only glanced at Lisbon. I wasn't ready to hear that she found her, but she was dead. I wasn't ready for the news, and I never would be.

"We found her Jane," Lisbon told me.

"I talked to her," I replied. "She was about to be killed."

"She isn't."

"What?" I asked looking up at her.

"Missy isn't dead." Was it true? Was Missy alive?

"Where is she?"

"That's the bad news. We found her but only just in time. The Red Stars, who are now under arrest, had just put the needle into her arm. She is in the hospital so that they can save, if they can."

"I want to see her Lisbon. I have to see her! She told me she loved me!"

"You can Jane. I came to get you."

"Then let's go."

-----At the hospital-----

We were sitting in the waiting room to hear the news. Her cousin Lisa and her uncle who was aloud to come in from his prison was there. All of the team was there. Worry and greed were in all of us. We just wanted Missy to be safe, and she wasn't yet. Once she was okay and with us, then she would be once again. The Red Stars were no longer going to hurt her. If the law pulled through, then the Red Stars would be no more.

On the way down Lisbon and Cho told me all about it. They left Rigsby and VanPelt to be there if we didn't get to the hospital in time to hear the news.

"We found a warehouse there," Lisbon told me. "Guards were all around the place, and we had to get past them. Inside no one had a gun, so it was easy. I saw the man who took Thomas, and I made him lead us to the room she was in."

"We found her in a wheelchair, and the women told us she just put the needle in," Cho put in. "We don't know what it is, just that it was deadly. Thomas doesn't like needles apparently, so the man found it a cruel death for her."

"I shout him in the arm for you, just like I said I would. Only Cho, Rigsby, and VanPelt were there, and they won't tell. They will say he pulled a gun out or something like that, I'm sure."

"I will," Cho told her. "If you didn't do it, I would have. I'm sure the others would have too."

"Thank you for saving her," I told them.

"She isn't safe yet," Lisbon replied.

"But at least here she can be with us instead of them."

We didn't speak at all until we got there. I saw her uncle and cousin, and they introduced themselves. The guards said that he deserved to be with Missy when she woke up. He told me he only had two months anyway. That was nearly an hour ago.

We all looked up when the doctor came in. There were more people in the room, and they looked up also.

"Who is here for Missy Thomas?" he asked. We stood up and walked over.

"Is she okay?" Louis asked him. The doctor nodded.

"She will be in pain for a while, but she will live. We will keep her here for a week or two, then she may go home. Poor girl went through a lot of fear and abuse just to get here. Killing her would have been the nice thing, but now she will be with friends and family. Do you all wish to see her?"