14: Love in the Air

*Jane's pov*  

I woke up the next morning to a beautiful girl laying next to me. She was cozy under the covers, and I don't think she knew I was in the bed. I don't think anyone knew I was in her room. Rigsby cleared his throat and had a smile on his face. 

"Good morning Jane," he told me, the smile not leaving his face. "What were you and Thomas up to last night?" 

"Nothing on the lines of what you are thinking!" I cried out knowing what he was thinking. It was very wrong. I did not do have sex with Missy. I was just tired from staying up to watch her. I trust Lisbon's word, but the officers at Missy's door I did not. I was glad that she was still safe. I couldn't even imagine what I would do if she was to be hurt. 

"Sure Jane. I'll leave you two alone," he replied closing the door. I shock my head at him, not understanding why me now having a girlfriend applied any change in my behavior. 

I looked down at the still sleeping Missy, and she looked peaceful. I wondered what she was dreaming about. I still was having trouble reading her like I do others, but to tell the truth, I was glad. It made her special, and that means I got to learn more about her like she had to do me. It was something new, something fresh. I stroked her cheek, and she lazily opened her beautiful green eyes up at me. 

"Good morning Patrick," she told me while stretching. Her hair feel in it's pony tail, not brushed since yesterday. 

"Good morning Missy," I said back. 

"What are you doing in here? I thought you were going to sleep on the couch." 

"When you are tired and there is a choice of walking to a couch or just jump into a bed, then you usually take the choice of not going anywhere." 

"You slept in my bed? With me in it?" 

"You don't sound that surprised." 

"I'm not really, to tell the truth. As long as you didn't hurt me in my sleep, I am fine with it." 

"Why would I hurt you?" 

"Exactly." 

She smiled at me then stood up. She grabbed some clothes out of her closet and walked into the bathroom door. I looked around the simple room, at the painted green walls, the ceiling fan moving since it was a warm night last night. A chair was in the corner, and one was by the bed since I was sitting in it before. A bed side table was on the right, since I was sitting on the left. There was a bathroom that was only reached by her room. A closet and dresser held her clothes and such. It was a nice little room in all. She had pictures of her and her family all over the house.

One picture of her and a man was on the table. I saw her mother and sister close by them. The man had dirty blond hair that was combed back. His skin matched her's perfectly, as did the eyes. He was looking up at the the woman who was Missy's mother, and I figured that the man was Missy's father. I wondered how many relatives she had alive, and how many were dead. 

"I have some cousins and my uncle," I heard Missy say behind me. I turned and saw her in a plain brown top and black pants to match. She walked over and took the picture from my hands and placed it back on the table. 

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked her. 

"You were looking at a picture of my mom, dad, and sister. Your back was relaxed, and you did have your head tilted to the left a bit. It was just a guess." 

"A good one at that. Are you sure your not a physic?" 

"You don't believe in them Patrick." 

"You do know me well. Is that a good or bad thing that you do?" 

She smiled really big and has she walked out the door I heard her answer, "Yes." I laughed and followed her out to the kitchen where she was talking to Rigsby while getting something out of the cupboards. 

"Morning Risgby," I told him sitting down. 

"Morning Jane," he said back taking the bowl Missy held out, then she handed me one. 

"Thank you Missy," I told her sitting down has she placed milk and cereal on the table. 

"Your welcome Patrick," she told me with a grin. I wished that I could see that grin for the rest of my life. We talk a lot about things, until we heard a gun shoot. Rigsby's head snapped up, and he took out his gun. 

"Stay here, both of you," he ordered us. He walked out of the room, and Missy took out her own gun. I sat there hoping I didn't need one. More gun shoots sounded, but that was all I remembered before someone hit me. The guns, and Missy's screams. 

--------------------- 

"Jane!" someone cried shacking my shoulders. "Jane, God dammit wake up! Jane!" 

I opened my eyes to see Lisbon and Cho looking down at me. I was lying in Missy's kitchen still, and I felt my head throbbing. 

"What happened?" I asked them both, sitting up and looking around. I saw them take out bodies of men, and Rigsby was rubbing the crying VanPelt's back. Missy was no where to be seen. 

"You don't know?" Cho asked. 

"Know what?" 

"Oh God he doesn't know," Rigsby said rubbing his eyes. 

"Know what?" I asked again. 

"How do we tell him?" VanPelt cried. 

"For goodness shakes, what the hell don't I know?" I asked getting upset. Lisbon took my hand and I was worried. Was it bad? 

"Jane, we promise we will do everything we can, and you can't be too upset," Lisbon told me. 

"Will someone just tell me?" I cried. They all looked at each other, and VanPelt started to cry again. I saw that they were upset, and I figured it out before Lisbon ever said it. 

"Missy was taken by the Red Stars." 

BOOM!!!! I have been waiting for this for a long time! It was the one thing that I knew was going to happen. I am a jerk. So let me know how much you hate me now for this, or if you still like me! Also I might do a sequel, and it would be titled Remember Me? Let me know how that sounds. Peace out my Stars!