21: The Truth From Red Lips

*Missy's pov* 

I woke up once again in the hospital bed. Patrick was sleeping in the chair next to my bed, and I smiled. Last night we spent a long time talking, and kissing. He even went out and bought a ring for me. I didn't think that Patrick Jane would ever want to marry anyone, let alone me. It made me feel special, and knowing that he did it just because I said something about it was a bit strange. 

I looked up at the ceiling, then a thought hit me. The Red Stars. Oh God, I was going to have to tell him about them today. I wasn't ready for that, but he was going to be my husband. He needed to know about it. They did almost kill me after all. I thought about what I was going to say, and waited for him to wake up. 

"Hello Missy," he told me when he did wake up. 

"Patrick, I have to tell you something," I said leaning against the pillow. 

"What is it?" 

"Since you are going to marry me, I think I have to tell you what the Red Stars did to me." 

"Missy, if you don't feel like it, I understand. Don't think just because I am-" 

"I want to. I'm going to have to later, so why not get it over with?" 

"Alright. I know they hit you with a whip. What did they do after that?" 

"Well, they didn't do anything right after that. I slept in the room I told you about before. Then the man who was in charge of all of it came and they tied me up. They placed me in a box with holes I can breath in. You see, I am claustrophobic, but not too bad that I hate crowed elevators or anything. I have to be alone and it has to be very tight. I couldn't yell, I couldn't move. I was all alone, and I was scared. I felt the walls of the box close in around me, and-and..." 

"It's okay Missy," he told me soothing me when I started to cry. I wasn't ready to do this. I couldn't even get past the box. 

"I can do this," I said looking up at him. He pushed me over a bit and laid in the bed with me. He put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into him. My head was on his chest, and I could hear his heart beat, feel his lungs working, and just felt him. He placed his head on top of mine, and we just laid there for a while. 

"Now do you want to continue telling me?" he asked. 

"I do," I answered. 

"Then just tell, and if you get scared or it hurts too much, just stop and keep going if you feel like it, okay?" 

"Alright. After I was taken out of the box, I was taken to a room where I was going to watch a video about people who were dying. I don't like to watch them die, but I was able to zone the video out unlike last time. I don't really remember all of it." 

"What did you zone it out with?" 

"You." 

"Oh. Are you fine Missy? Want to keep going?" 

"Yep. I got to sleep for a whole day, and I needed it. Then the men took me to a room that was covered in mice. I'm not afraid of them, in fact in cages I think they are cute. Once they touch me, I hate them and don't like them touching me. I had mice touching me for eight hours. Then they took me to a room where I was stripped of all clothing." 

"Did they rape you?" 

"What? No! I was thrown into a tank of water. They, who were just women, pushed me under and brought me back up. They did this for eight hours, and then they took me to the next eight hour station. There they placed needles in my arm. They stuck em in and then took them out slowly. It was pure torture." 

"You are afraid of needles." 

"How did you-" 

"One of the Red Star ladies told Lisbon who told me." 

"Oh. Well then I was taken to my room where the man made the deal with me. I was going to be killed earlier than planed, and I could call whoever I wanted before I died. All for a price." 

"If you don't mind me asking, what was the price?" 

"Promise you won't get mad at me?" 

"I would have done whatever they asked me to if they were doing all these things to me also. The only people I am mad at are the people who hurt you. I promise I won't get mad." 

"A kiss." 

"That is it? I'm sure it was nothing like my kiss Missy. What did they do to you after that?" 

"They beat me. Tied me to a chair and took turns hitting me with their fist and kicking me." 

"They hit you?" 

"Yes." 

I felt him grow tense with anger, and I placed my hand on his face and moved with pain so he could see me. 

"Please don't get mad Patrick," I begged him. "I don't want you to be mad." 

"They hit you," he told me looking at me. I knew he could see my busted lip, the black eye, the bruises. He saw the pain I had when I moved. He saw all the scars, the broken bone, everything. I couldn't hid them from him. He was Patrick, of course he saw it all. He took my hand and moved me back to the way I was. He kissed my forehead, and then whispered, "I won't let them hurt you again." 

"I know you won't," I replied looking at him. 

"Did they do anything else?" 

"Besides try to kill me with whatever they put in me? No." 

"I am glad they failed at killing you, but I can't imagine what kind of man would want to hurt such a perfect girl like you." 

"I don't know why he would want to hurt me either. I just don't know how he knew what I hated and what I was afraid of." 

"I know how." 

"How?" 

"The Red Stars were stalking you." 

"They were what?" 

"They were stalking you." 

"No." 

I went into his chest even more. They stalked me. I thought I was done with them when I was alive from the first time. They must have stalked me before I went the first time. I cried into Patrick's chest more, and he rubbed my back lightly. It hurt, and I moved his hand to my side. 

"I'm sorry," he said rubbing my side. 

"You just forgot, that is all," I told him. 

"I did. I hope that all the wounds heal and I can do what I would usually do." 

"I hope they all heal too." 

We sat and talked about different things the way we would if we weren't in a hospital bed. Patrick never left me, and I feel asleep in his arms. 

 It's so close to the end it makes me sad. I am so going to miss writing about Missy and Patrick. *Elf comes and whispers in ear* Oh yeah, I forgot I have another book about them! Yay!! I am bored if you can't tell. So I hope that you enjoyed, I thought it was good. Peace out my Stars!