8: The Office

*Jane's pov* 

"So do you think we will find anything?" Cho asked me has he opened the door to the office. 

"I'm optimistic," I told him getting ready to find a nice, clean office, and even a destroyed, papers everywhere, type of office. What I wasn't ready for was an empty room.

"There's nothing here," Cho said looking around the room. I was walking around also, and he was right. No paper, no carpets, not even a desk. I didn't see a hidden compartment, no loss boards, just a plan room. "Who buys an office just to keep it empty"

"It wasn't empty this whole time," I say kneeling down to see a brand new mark on the floor. "Someone didn't want anyone to find what was here. They moved everything out. I'm guessing this was where the desk was."

"What makes you say that"

"The weight of the furniture would have to be that heavy, and it looks like a desk was here by the mere shape of this dust circle. The question is, who would move all of Ben's stuff?"

We heard someone knock something over in the back room. Cho looked over at me and motioned for me to stay put. I held up my hands and watched him go into the room with his gun drawn. I stood waiting for him to come out, but I heard someone behind me. Before I could turn someone grabbed me and held a knife to my throat.

"Don't make a sound," they whispered in my hear. They were only a little taller than me, maybe three, four inches. It was a man, with the force of the hold and the voice. I saw the black shirt and gloves on his arms, and I felt him push the knife a little bit more in my neck.

"Drop the knife," Cho told the man walking out of the room.

"No, you drop your gun or your friend is done for," the man ordered Cho. For one thing if he shoot the man, I would get hit, so I was in trouble. Cho looked him straight in the eye, then looked slightly to the left. He smile and placed the gun on the floor. "Good, now him and I are going to- AHHHHHH!" he screamed when someone disarmed him and I got out of the hold. The person threw him on the ground and hand cuffed him. Thomas came over while VanPelt did this. She smiled.

"You boys need a hand?" Missy asked us. I smiled back and looked at Cho who picked up his gun.

"I thought you were supposed to be at Ben's sisters house," Cho told her.

"We were on our way back when we saw the van and that guy walk in with a knife. Figured you two might need some help. We were right, weren't we Grace?"

"Yep," she told Thomas while dragging the man to his feet. She told him his rights and dragged him out to the car. I saw he had light brown hair with a little red in it, and sea blue eyes. I rubbed my neck and looked at Cho and Thomas.

"Tell me you saw these too," I told Cho who gave me a rare smile and walked out the door with Thomas. "Cho? Cho!" I called after them.

"I did Jane, don't worry," he told me helping VanPelt get the guy into the car. "What's your name?"

"I don't have to tell you all shit!" he growled.

"Alright, suit yourself," Thomas said closing the door on him. "People these days, what can you do?"

"Hope they don't hold a knife to your neck is one!" I cried. "Cho I think I might ride with VenPelt, I don't really trust that guy in the back."

"Fine," Cho said getting into the car followed by Missy. I followed Grace to the car and tried to calm down a bit. I did not  like almost being killed. I couldn't wait to hear this guy's story back at head base! 

So guys, double update today! I am giving you this treat cause I might be gone for a while. My grandma is going through a hard time, and the doctors don't think she will make it much longer. So here you go. Let me know what you think, and hopeful she is okay. Sorry it is not long. Bye Stars.