Old Enemy

Scott's mouth hung open when he registered at what the man in front of him had said, and it also clicked why he looked familiar and his voice

He opened his mouth, then closed it again, completely stumped and stunned.

But from behind them, Liam had finally managed to rip the arrow from his body. Liam, not recognizing Mitch and only wanting to protect his alpha, he made sure he was as silent as possible and then lunged at what he believed was a hunter who was about to kill Scott.

Only to cry out in pain as a blow to the side of his head sent him in the wrong direction, a hand caught him before he fell and something cold then something hard-pressed against his neck and chin. Liam tensed up as he recognized the weapon.

It was the same gun that had been pointed at Scott, was now under his chin. A pull of that trigger and the bullet would go through his face, starting with his chin and coming out the other end, his brain.

Liam froze completely. He couldn't even gulp properly, the gun digging in.

"It's a bad idea to try and sneak up on me, Liam," The hunter said calmly.

No-

That can't be right.

How did he know his name?!

Then he, like Scott, finally recognized who was in front of him. And why Scott had made no move to help him, the alpha seemed frozen in place on the ground, completely stunned by this, which now made a lot of sense.

"Stiles?!" Liam said, shocked.

The gun came away from his chin, allowing him to breathe properly, and his heart slowed down in relief.

Mitch looked amused at their shock, he turned to Scott, holding out his hand.

Scott hesitated, but then took it warily, letting Mitch pull him to his feet with ease.

"S-stiles?" Scott asked slowly, not believing it.

"Scotty, how've you been?" Mitch asked, but it wasn't really a friendly question, more mocking.

Scott mumbled, crossing his arms but somehow making himself look smaller and unsure, "I was okay until I had a gun pointed at my head"

"That bastard!"

Mitch grinned at that, turning around as Scott's pack came into view, looking ruffled up.

Hayden glared at Mitch after she'd called him a bastard, and she snapped, "I knew it!"

"No, you didn't. That was me, I recognized him" Corey muttered, who was with her.

"You couldn't remember his name" Hayden huffed back.

"Why are you both okay with this? We thought he died!" Mason yelped, who was with them, he was bleeding from a strike to his head, rubbing it, grimacing.

"Stranger things have happened" Hayden shrugged, Corey nodded agreeing.

"Though, this is very strange"

Mitch smiled slightly at the familiar face.

"Malia" He said, greeting her.

Malia had come from a different direction, but she did give him an angry but disbelieving look.

He grinned back at her, making her scowl even more.

Scott also finally realized what was wrong, the sounds of pain he'd heard before and how the pack, including Malia, were glaring at Stiles. They also seemed ruffled up, there was bruising on Stiles knuckles.

His eyes narrowed at him, but he still couldn't believe this, did Stiles really do this? Could he? But he looked so different now, he had barely recognized him....

But the confirmation came from Stiles mouth, as he told Scott with an amused smile, however there was something twisted in with the amusement that suggested Stiles was taking this more seriously than he was acting. "You should've trained your pack better, Scott"

Mitch kept his amusement at how easy it had been to get the jump on all of them and catch them off guard on his face, but it did make him grit his teeth as well.

He did think it would be fun to introduce himself this way, but it wasn't just for fun, he'd wanted to test them, to see how well they could defend themselves from someone like him.

What if the worst happened?

It seemed his worries about the pack not being able to defend themselves properly from his kind of threat were well-founded.

What if one of them got captured?

Used against him?

Or tortured for information on him?

Torture always works...

What if someone like him came looking for details on the CIA's best assassin Mitch Rapp and this really was all the protection he had for Melissa, his father and his own identity?

He didn't like how he was able to rough them up so easily.

"I must say, it is surprising..."

A new voice...

Scott's eyes widened as he thought of the last time Stiles and his newest pack member had met, shit!

Mitch heard the voice, quickly recognizing it, and his gun came up, instinctively. A sliver of rage running through his body.

He twisted himself around, noting that there were two new pack members that he hadn't counted for.

A woman, his age, that he didn't recognize.

And the other?

The other, he would have shot in the head right there, if Scott hadn't stepped in front of his gun.

Mitch growled "Theo!"