It Makes Sense

Yesterday: 

Scott heard a loud bang split the air and he knew who it had come from! He called to his pack, noticing Anna hadn't come back yet. She'd taken a liking to Stiles, Scott wasn't sure why. 

"Come on!" He shouted, running in that direction. 

"Its just me or shouldn't we be running away from a gun shot, that probably came from Stiles" Liam grumbled as they all followed Scott. 

"He might be in trouble" Malia said. 

"Him? What about us?" Theo huffed.

"It was a werewolf he didn't know, he was doing it to protect Anna and Malia, he wouldn't shoot one of us" Mason piped but already sounding out of breath, he was human who didn't exercise regally so keeping up with the werewolves was hard work sometimes. 

"Speak for yourself" Theo said, thinking about the way Mitch had been looking at him. Those eyes...

Theo tried not to shudder.

He relaxed a little as Scott's hand slid onto his shoulder, giving him a comforting squeeze. 

Scott and Theo smiled at each other.

But for the first time he was still unsure of himself, could he really do this? It was also amazing to think about that Stiles of all people was the- 

They came to a halt. 

He heard a gasp of shock. 

Shit he thought.

The pack didn't move at first. Derek was standing alone over a dead body, breathing hard like he'd run for ages to get there. He looked unsure how to react. 

"His dead" Derek said slowly. 

Scott stepped back for a moment.

A slow anger overcame him but why did he also feel...relief? Maybe he was just relieved that no one else had been killed. 

He did feel a little disgusted with himself when he'd thought, relieved when he'd first seen the body a couple of seconds. 

Relax, its was only Peter.

But that shouldn't matter! 

"It was him, wasn't it?" Scott asked Derek. 

Derek nodded, from what looked like it, he still seemed in shock. 

Scott glanced at the pack, they all seemed to be in shock. 

How could someone like Peter just...die? 

It didn't feel right.

It made them feel like anyone of them could go, just like that, even though that was correct, it never felt like something like that could happen to them. 

Not until now. 

Scott realised quickly apart from Derek, who else would likely be effected by this. 

"Malia" He said, quickly, turning towards her. 

There were tears in her eyes but she didn't look sad or horrified just confused. 

"Malia, are you okay?" He asked. 

"He was my father" She said hesitantly. 

"Malia.." 

"He was my father so why don't I know what to feel?" She mumbled. 

She looked at Scott as if he'd tell her, what should she be feeling or doing about this? But Scott didn't know either, how could he guide her through this?