Puzzle Pieces Falling Into Place

The next couple of days past quickly. No one was stupid enough to go to Mitch's apartment but there was enough calls on his phone and texts to get the feeling the pack really wanted to talk to him.

Mitch's anger at what the pack pulled behind his back cooled of over the days and he decided he was going to at least try to get along. As he laid on his couch, thinking back to what he'd rather be doing he noted he had a new text from Anna. 

She was asking him out? 

Mitch's eyes narrowed at it in thought, could it be- 

But before he could carry his thought any further his phone rang out. The phone that none of the pack, not even Anna had the number to. Mitch picked it up eagerly. He was eager for some action. 

"Kennedy" He greeted her. 

"Is something wrong?" She asked straight away. 

Mitch winced, why did she have to pick up on everything? 

"Nothing" He said instead of what he really wanted to do was go on a long winded rant about the pack to get it of his chest but there was no time for that. 

She didn't pry, Kennedy wasn't that kind of person, she was down to the point. Another thing Mitch really liked about her. 

"Its time" Was all she needed to say. 

Mitch grinned, this was going to be good. He unlocked one of his secure draws and took out a document, putting it in his pocket. It stuck out quite easily but that was the point. 

"What time? Is it tonight?" He asked. 

"It is" 

Mitch grimaced.

"Figured as much, Anna text me, she wants to go out tonight" 

"Anna?" 

"Just someone I know" Mitch said quickly, not eager to tell Kennedy about Anna. 

"Okay..." She said, sounding skeptical but she let it go "Remember, you've got to be in place, earlier than midnight. Thats when he'll come" 

"From what I gathered, his an amateur right? The thief?" Mitch asked. 

"Yes, new but be careful it could be an act, we're not sure on the identity of the assassin yet and the assassin could also be-" 

"It's okay, I've got this"

"You sure?" 

"Have I ever let you down?" 

"No, don't let this be the first time" Kennedy warned but he could hear the fondess sneak into her voice. 

He was meant to be just a weapon to her. She was the judge, jury and he was the executioner. But she cared. And so did he. 

"I will" He replied before hanging up. 

After that call he felt his excitement reach its point but also a small amount of dread. It was finally happening. 

Time to bet his life. 

But hey, he did this on a regular basis right?

Mitch switched phones before ringing Anna up, she picked up on the first ring. 

"Stiles?" She asked, sounding cautious. 

He winced a little, thinking how he'd left her a couple of days ago but he said "Hey, I'd love to go out tonight, I'm sorry about not answering any of your text, just got to a lot to deal with at the moment" 

Isn't that the truth. 

"Really? Thank you! See you there" She replied excitedly. 

"See you" He said. 

Before putting down his phone. He laid back on the couch, thinking about what had just happened. So he had a date and soon his plan about taking down Theo, catching him red handed, was all coming into place. 

Everything puzzle piece was falling into place. 

It was good...for him. 

Mitch was very sure, it would be no good for the pack... 

But this wasn't about them.

It couldn't be. 

He had to remember that, or... 

Mitch glanced at his gun, by his side. 

Or he'd never be able to go through with what he was going to do...soon.