What You Deserve

The bullet sailed past the startled person, hitting a tree inches where his face had just been. But that had been okay, it was only a warning shot. 

Next time Mitch knew, he wouldn't miss. 

"Tell me why I shouldn't shoot you where you stand!" Mitch spat out. 

Who Mitch had shot at stiffened and made no other movements towards him.

"Stiles, stop!" Derek shouted, eyes wide but despite that he made no move to stand in front of who Mitch had just shot at. 

Anna looked scared but confused "Stiles, who is this?" 

"Peter" Mitch said the name with the most hatred she'd ever heard him use, apart from when he'd addressed Theo. 

Peter Hale had put his hands calmly up in a surrender position. 

Despite the tension that could be seen in his body, he didn't look one bit afraid. 

"Stiles, what a pleasure" He said silkily. 

His eyes were predatory as they went up and down Mitch's stature. 

"All grown up I see, I must say, the years have done you well" 

"I can't say the same for you" Mitch retorted.  

"That hurts my feelings" 

"I was under the impression you don't have any feelings to hurt, you piece of shit" Mitch snarled.

"If you remember the last time we met I helped you, you could be still been forgotten without me" Peter said smoothly, despite his calmness he hadn't yet dared to take a step forward since Mitch had fired that warning shot at him.

Mitch's gun was aimed directly at his head. 

"Yeah? And the time before that you tried to kill Scott again, worked with the jaguar bitch behind our backs and your freaking sub conscious sent a bunch of assassins after all the supernatural in Beacon Hills!" 

Anna looked even more confused. 

Mitch glanced at her as she opened her mouth and said with resignation "Don't ask" 

She nodded, though still looking very confused. 

"I'd like to say, the assassins thing I didn't have any control over so technically..." Peter started to say. 

He hadn't actually realised how furious he was with Peter until he'd seen the bastard walking towards them. Maybe it was still after affects of his dealings with Theo or maybe knowing this whole thing started because he'd bitten Scott was really overwhelming him or how he'd backstabbed them before. Mitch wasn't entirely sure. 

But he was sure of one thing, he saw red as soon as he'd laid eyes on him. 

Mitch interrupted him ruthlessly "Shut the fuck up! I do not need your excuses" 

He walked up to Peter, until his gun was touching Peter's forehead. 

Mitch's voice was suddenly an icy calm but it gave Derek and Anna shivers down their spine, including how the threat sounded like Mitch had said something like this a million times before.

 "What I need is for you to tell me why I shouldn't be spraying the tree behind you with your brain matter" 

Peter couldn't stop how his breath hitched slightly before he could get it back to normal. 

Derek heard Peter's heart beat increase suddenly and frantically. 

"Derek, Anna, take a walk" 

It was an order. 

Derek seemed about to protest but Mitch said not looking at him, eyes locked on Peter's "If you want to save Peter, by all means try. But really Derek, answer me these two questions honestly, do you think he will betray you or the pack in the future?" 

Derek felt his shoulders slump slightly as he answered truthfully "Yes" 

"And let me ask you, after everything his done, does he deserve to be saved?" 

He didn't answer at first. 

This was his only family left. 

But no...

That wasn't true, he used to think that. 

But now he knew, he still had Cora. 

Mitch scowled and barked "Don't waist my time! You're not Scott!" 

Derek finally said his voice small "No" 

"Speak up Sour wolf!" Mitch hissed. 

Derek raised his head, his voice this time carried and far more determined however his eyes still flashing blue in irritation at being spoken that way by Stiles of all people "No!" 

Peter's expression that had been terribly smug seemed to twist at that. 

"Well look at this, backstabbing at its finest" He sneered. 

"Don't talk to me about backstabbing Peter" Derek growled. 

"We're family, you'd just leave me with him! After everything I've done for you?!" 

Derek looked at him in rage.

"After everything you've-" 

He cut himself of in disgust and disbelief, shaking his head. 

He looked at Stiles, who knew Stiles could be so terrifying? 

"Do whatever you want with him" He finally said. 

He turned to Anna

"Come on Anna, lets go!" 

Derek walked away hurriedly, Anna followed him after a worried and scared look back at Peter and Mitch. 

Derek may not really like this new Stiles but he did still believe despite the threatening demeanour, Stiles at his heart still protected people. 

And Derek knew deep down inside him Peter was someone who you needed to be protected from. 

Stiles would give Peter what he deserved. 

Mitch waited for a while after they left, thinking about their supernatural hearing. Once he was sure by this time they'd be a good distance away he pressed his gun deeper into Peter's forehead. 

"Now" Mitch sneered"Lets talk