Familiar Anger

Mitch was just drifting off to sleep, then a loud round of knocking on his door woke him up

Mitch was just drifting off to sleep, then a loud round of knocking on his door woke him up. He quickly relaxed, knowing anyone that could possibly be a danger to him wouldn't be knocking that loudly. An assassin would likely want to get close to him without him knowing.

Mitch got dressed in no time at all, though he did wish he'd had time to take a shower beforehand. He did have an idea who was knocking because of its pace and loudness. Only one type of person made that sound. An angry one.

And the only person he knew who would be angry with him was...

He opened the door.

Mitch smiled slightly as he said "Hello Lydia"

She scowled and barged in.

An irritated Jackson then came through behind Lydia. Looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here, and he looked like he'd been dragged there by the ear.

Pointing her finger at him and giving him an angry stare.

"Don't you dare!" She snapped.

"I had to find out from Scott you were here! You come here without even telling me, then meet everyone else without me?!" She growled, narrowing her eyes at him.

Jackson was giving him an apologetic look.

She glared even more at him. Hands going to her hips.

"I'm sorry?" Mitch said, walking towards his kitchen and leaning on his counter, crossing his arms casually.

Her eyes widened as she said disbelieving, "I'm sorry?!"

She stepped into his personal space, wagging her finger at him as she almost screeched, "That's all you can say? You left for god knows how long and didn't even leave me a note, and this is all you-"

"Lydia-" Jackson said, stepping towards her, making a calm down motion with his hands.

Lydia sent a death glare in his direction and he shut his mouth quickly, stepping backs.

Well, Mitch thought, amused at her rant but also happy, none of her passion and fire had left her in all these years, he could see who had the trousers on in this relationship.

Lydia almost looked like she could be steaming out of her ears.

"Are you smiling?" She growled.

"Lydia" Mitch said, shaking his head in amusement.

Then, to Lydia and Jackson's surprise, Mitch pulled her into a hug.

She stiffened.

Mitch said softly, "I missed you too"

Then she relaxed into the hug.

He slowly unwrapped himself from her and noticed that her eyes looked a little wet.

"Where did you go? Why did you go?" Lydia asked tearfully.

"I needed to leave. I was... It wasn't very healthy for me staying here, but I got better" Mitch finally said after a long pause.

"It seems you did," Jackson chuckled, giving Mitch a friendly smile but also glancing at his chest and bulging biceps that were clear to see through his tight shirt.

Mitch smirked.

"You're looking good to Jackson" He said warmly, pleased that what Scott told him about Jackson leaving his dickish ways behind him was true.

It was true, he did look good. He wasn't as fit as Mitch, but enough to see that he exercised regularly, and his job was easy to see.

Jackson smiled in response.

"I'm so glad you two are finally getting along but you-" Lydia poked Mitch in the chest, "Haven't answered my question yet"

Mitch didn't reply.

"Where were you?!" Lydia asked, though more like demanded.

To be honest, her temper usually had guys running the opposite way or giving her anything she wanted. Stiles used to be the same, but now? He hardly seemed affected by her anger at all. It was a little jarring.

"Around" He said.

Before she could say anything else, he said, meeting her eyes, "I work for the CIA. Most things that's happened to me are confidential". 

Lydia and Jackson both did a double take.

Lydia stammered "C-CIA?"

Mitch nodded then he said in the most obvious subject change ever, making sure to not hide how uncomfortable he was, shifting a little, "So I heard you both been busy though"

He knew Lydia would notice and help him out, but also he bet she still loved talking about her work, and he was right.

Lydia started quickly, eager to show off Jackson's work, who she was proud of, and her own work.

She could talk for ages about this, Lydia thought happily.

And she did.

Now updates will start being regular again hopefully. Anyway hope you all had a good new year and christmas! I hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think! x