What Is Implied

Sorry its been a bit of a wait! Caught up in University a little bit! Though Those new Mitch Rapp/Dylan O'brien pictures are amazing :) Hope you enjoy it this chapter! x

Mitch stepped into the vets, it was strange being back again. His footsteps were silent and he stepped inside. Only the ring the bell telling them of his arrival.

"Stiles"

A shocked voice said.

Mitch looked towards them. Noticing Scott and Deaton were hovering over a small dog, but he was surprised to see Anna was there too.

Deaton took in Stiles form, he frowned and he suddenly seemed wary. A lot more wary, but the shock was gone quickly.

"Ah, I see Scott told you about my little visit yesterday" Mitch said.

"I didn't believe him at first, but... I think I can now" Deaton said, giving him a very disproving look.

Mitch just smiled coldly in return.

He then looked at Anna curiously, at his questioning gaze she shrugged as she said "She's my dog"

Looking more closely at her, he did again notice she was very pretty, her eyes vibrant. He did wonder if they were gold or blue, he hadn't seen her beta form. She looked a little more bright under the light.

Mitch moved his gaze to her dog in case she thought he was staring.

"Mmm" Mitch said, looking at the little thing, it was a puppy but almost adult, full-grown.

She was a German Shepherd, and she sat on the table, watching Mitch curiously.

He wasn't too fond of dogs, mostly because throughout the years as an assassin he'd almost ended up in front of their teeth on a number of occasions. Guard dogs were a hassle.

"Poor things got a cold"

As if to prove this, the German Shepherd gave an almost exaggerated sneeze, flinching as she did so.

"Poor thing" Mitch said but not that interested.

The dog gave him an unimpressed look and then laid down on the table, looking extremely sorry for herself.

Anna shook her head, giving her dog an unamused look "Oh for goodness' sake now, you're not dying"

The German Shepard gave a sort of huff, tail drooping, she seemed to disagree with her owner.

"She makes such a fuss over everything" Anna said, but she smiled lovingly at her pet.

Anna saw Mitch's expression, then reddened, embarrassed.

"Oh, sorry. More of a cat person are you?"

Mitch blinked a little but then said, morphing his expression into a more interested one, but he did agree though apologetically, "You could say that"

"Is there something you wanted?" Scott then asked, finally breaking into the conversation.

Mitch looked at him as he said dryly, "I suppose there isn't a chance I can convince you to kick Theo out, is there?"

Anna looked up from her dog, she looked curious, "It's not my business" She said, "But why do you hate him so much?"

"Oh, no reason, he just didn't put himself in the pack then tear us apart and kill Scott while doing so" Mitch said sneeringly, glaring at Scott.

Anna's eyes widened in shock as she turned to Scott, "He did what?!"

Mitch felt surprised, no one told her what her supposed savior had done?

Mind you, they did say she was new?

Scott reddened but replied testily, folding his arms "I told you Stiles, his changed"

"A guy like him doesn't change" He retorted, angrily.

"And you'd know all about that" Scott snapped back.

Mitch's eyes narrowed, but he replied more calmly than before, "And what's that supposed to mean?"

Scott seemed to deflate as Mitch's reaction wasn't as he expected.

But he replied still, though now there was something else in his voice, instead of anger, betrayal and hurt "You know what it means"

Mitch gritted his teeth together, a flare of more pronounced anger flaring up inside him, that would have usually led to someone being punched in the face, but this wasn't a desk idiot who didn't know what they were talking about or some stuck up politician, this was Scott.

And what he was saying, Mitch knew was actually true.

Instead of responding how he would have liked to, Mitch said hanging his head a little, leaning against the metal table Anna's dog was on to get his emotions under control, mainly his anger before he spoke.

"Look, Getting into an argument with you about this, isn't what I came here for" Mitch said tensely.

Scott was about to ask why he had come, still looking angry, but to their surprise, Deaton interrupted him.

His eyes were locked on Mitch's, wary and suspicious.

"Before you talk more, can I have a word with you, alone?"