Chapter 1 - Telling Stories

Today was just like every over day, I woke up at the same time as my brother Charlie then headed to work whiles he went to school. I worked at the local shop,I loved it here selling all the sweets and chocolate, meeting some nice people, making children happy was the best feeling in the world but it's such a shame I can't buy some chocolate for myself or my little brother as all my wages go to my family to help keep us fed. I entered the shop my face going bright red due to the heat, slipping my coat off and hanging it up I went behind the counter to begin my shift.

"Morning Evelyn" My boss Bob shouts to me from the storage room.

"Morning Bob" I replied back, putting my apron smoothing the wrinkles out then start to stock the shelves with Wonka bars my favorite.

Time passed by from all the customer's and stocking, that I didn't realize it was the end of my shift "Evelyn time to go" My boss piped up making me jump as I was so into my work.

"Right, ok see you tomorrow Bob" I say taking my apron off and swapped it for my coat then heading out into the bitter cold outdoors.

I finally made it to the familiar road that leads up to my house, entering the house I was greeted by my mum, brother and grandparent. Moments later my dad enters the room.

"Evening Buckets" Dad shouts his greeting.

"Evening" Was greeted back by my grandparents.

"Hi dad/daddy" Me and Charlie said together making us look at each other before laughing, dad went over to greet mum with a smile sweet kiss.

"Soup's almost ready, darling." Mum said sweetly to him "Don't suppose there's anything extra to put in, love?" Dad shook his head sadly "Oh well. Nothing goes better with cabbage than cabbage" Mum told him then cut up more cabbage. I love my mum always keeping it together never complaining.

Dad came over to the table where me and Charlie were, digging through his pocket "Charlie. . . I found something I think you'll like" he pulled out a couple of misshaped toothpaste tube tops.

Charlie's eyes lit up in joy as he searches through the small pile until he found the one he wanted "It's exactly what I need." He got up and went to fetch his sculpture.

"What is it Charlie?" Grandpa Joe asked curiously.

"Dad found it, just the piece I needed." Charlie said pulling out his sculpture of the amazing chocolate factory.

"What piece is that?" Grandpa Joe asked.

"A head for Willy Wonka" Charlie replied placing it on his sculpture.

"Wonderful" Grandma Josephine said.

Me and Charlie moved closer to Grandpa Joe to show him.

"It's quite a likeness" Grandpa Joe said.

Charlie looked at him "You really think so?"

Grandpa nodded "Think so? I know so. I saw Willy Wonka with my own two eyes. I used to work for him, you know"

"You did?" Both me and Charlie asked really interested in hearing Grandpa story.

"He did" Grandma Josephine said.

"He did" said Grandpa George.

"I love grapes" said Grandma Georgina making me giggle a little that women doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Grandpa looked at us "Of course I was much younger man in those days"

Me and Charlie smile in amusement before paying full attention to the story.