Chapter 17 - My Happily Ever After

As the days went by I began to feel a lot better with myself, though I still felt the hole in my heart. But life doesn't stop over a heartbreak. Mother told me the moment it stops, is the moment your ready to move on. However long that will take, maybe I could meet someone else. The thought of going out with someone has never crossed my mind since I came of age. I've had a couple of offers but always turned them down, I've always been there for my family, maybe it's time to think for my future like mother told me the night my heart was torn apart.

Over the two days dad and Charlie have almost fixed the hole in the roof, grandpa Joe has left the bed and began helping around the house so there isn't much for me to do. I'm back at work re stocking selves and selling the sweet, we've been having complains about the Wonka bars, people are saying that they don't taste the same. That got me thinking about Willy, what is wrong with him? Maybe he's feeling as bad as I do but that might be wishful thinking. That day meant nothing to him. I walked out of the back room towards the selves only to bump into someone "Oh, I'm so sorry" I sighed picking up the chocolate bars that fell out of the box "I really couldn't see over the box" I watched as another part of hands began to help me.

"That's fine love" A rough husky voice called out, looking up I meet a pair of bright blue eyes. We finished packing the box and stood up, I couldn't help but blush "I'm Jason"

"Hello, I'm Evelyn" I shook his hand still staring at him "Thank you for helping me" I say finally looking away I began to do my work. I could feel the stare of Jason "Are you waiting to be served?" I asked

"N. . No I. . . I" He paused laughing to himself "Seriously. What are you doing to me? I can't think straight" I heard him mumble.

"Sorry about that" I giggled sweetly, maybe this is my chance to move on. . . . Or is it too soon.

"Um, it's fine. I guess" He rubbed his hand across the back of his neck "Um, I. . . . I would like to pay for this" He says lifting a Wonka bar.

"Okay, be right with you then" I smiled putting the box down and walked to the til, where the cute guy was waiting. "Okay that will be. . . ." Before I could finish the door opened and my brother entered screaming my name.

"EVELYN!! EVELYN!!" I sighed and looked at Jason who raised his eyebrow.

"Charlie, I'm working" I told him. He looked between me and Jason in sadness. I wonder why?

"Oh. . . . Um" Just then the door opened again. I looked up and my heart stopped. Stood right there in front of me was Willy Wonka. How am I meant to get over him if he's going to pop up everywhere.

"Willy" I whispered my heart ached at the very sight of his handsome self.

"Evy" He whispered back, the room was silent. No one dare speak, all I did was stare at the man who broke my heart and he stared right back. All the feeling that I had tried to get rid off came rushing back. Tears filled my eyes, Willy saw that and came rushing over to me and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry Evy. I never meant to hurt you" He whispered softly to me "I know, I've done wrong" I pulled back on looked into his eyes to see pure love. He does return my feelings. "I knew the minute I left it was mistake"

"You really hurt me" I sobbed out. I was trying to be brave but just couldn't hold my emotions back.

"I know I did Eves, I'm very sorry for that" Willy stare at me deeply before leaning in for a kiss "I love you my sweet Evelyn Bucket" before I could answer his lips were on mine. The passion in our kiss was amazing, I just couldn't believe I was kissing my true love once again.

"I love you to Willy Wonka" I says as we separated. Willy's eyes twinkled as he gave out a happy laugh, he picked me up and spun me around. Then re - placed his lips on mine once more.

I saw Charlie look at us with a wide smile "Evy, Willy has changed his mind. All of us are going to the factory" he excitedly jumped up and down.

"Really" I Beamed "What changed your mind?"

"Loving you and Charlie had me go see my father" Willy says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm glad" I then remembered Jason. Oh crap. "I'm sorry again Jason let me get that for you"

"No, it's fine. Didn't really want anything, was going to ask you out" He sadly says. I feel bad now "It seems that your taken" He sigh looking at me and Willy before leaving the shop.

"Who was that?" Willy asked you could see the jealously in his eyes.

"Just meet him, didn't know he wanted to go out with me" I sigh looking up at Willy. I smiled and pulled him down for a kiss.

"Evelyn, lets go tell mum and dad" Charlie shouts near the door. I took my apron off, grabbing Willy's hand and headed of home. What a day this turned out to be and I couldn't be happier.

I've finally got my happy ending all thanks to Willy Wonka.