Chapter 10 - Boat Ride

I watched in awe as the beautiful pink boat approached us, stopping right in front of us. Inside were at least a dozen or more Oompa Loompa's controlling the boat once they saw us they began laughing.

"What's so funny?" Violet asked, snapping her gum as usual which was getting rather annoying.

"must be from all those dog-gone cocoa beans" Willy suggested "hey! by the way, did you guys know that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins in your body?" he stated then looked over at me with lust in his eyes and a small smile twitched on his lips "Gives one the feeling of being in love." a blush quickly formed on my cheeks as he told us I looked away hoping he didn't noticed but I could feel him burning holes into the side of my head.

"You don't say" Mrs. Beauregard said smiling dreamily, gaining Willy's attention jealously formed at the pit of my stomach, isn't she married? Doesn't matter she needs to keep her hands and eyes of him. . . . Wait a what am I thinking.

"All aboard" Willy nervously says to us. One after the other the children and their parents boarded leaving just me and Charlie to get on.

"Here" Willy says offering his hand to me, I took it and with his help I got on the boat, sitting at the front with Charlie and Willy came to join us as it was the only free seat left but the smile on his face told me he was glad to be sat with us. "Onwards" He called to his Oompa Loompa's. They began rowing, the view from the boat was even more amazing then it was being on land. I was so taken in by the view I didn't even notice Willy was offering me some chocolate from the river until he spoke to me.

"Here try some Evelyn you look starved" He whispered the last part I took the ladle of him, moving it toward my mouth, taking the a sip I felt the warm melt chocolate slide easily down my throat it was amazing so mouthwatering I closed my eyes to savior the moment. I re opened them to see Willy staring at me a smile played on his lips, I handed the ladle to Charlie.

"That was perfect Willy" I beamed at him, making his smile grow on his handsome face

"Thank you Evy"

I turned my attention to my little brother who had taken a sip "Wow its great" He smiled up at me then at Willy giving him the ladle back.

"That's because it's mixed by waterfall. The waterfall is most important. Mixes the chocolate, churns it up, makes it light and frothy. Oh, by the way, no other factory in the world. . ."

"you've already said that" The spoilt brat rudely interrupted, we all looked at Willy waiting for him to say something as he went silent.

"You're all quite short, aren't you?" Willy questioned.

"Well, yeah. We're children" Violet piped in.

"Well, that's no excuse. I was never as short as you" He told her.

"You were once" Mike insisted.

"Was not. Know why? Because I distinctly remember putting a hat on top of my head" He proudly states before continuing "Look at your short little arms you could never reach"

"Do you even remember what it was like being a kid?" My little brother asked him.

"Oh, boy, do I. Do I?" Willy says before going into a daze once again I looked towards my brother.

"I think it's best if you don't ask personal questions darling" I told him.

"I think so too Evy" he replied as we were entering a tunnel, Violet tried to get Willy's attention but it seemed as he was too far away so I reached over to his ear and whispered.

"Willy we need you to come back now" I breath slowly at his ear hoping to get a reaction and I did as he jumped on the spot, looking at me I saw a faint hint of red on his cheeks.

"We're heading for a tunnel" Charlie says.

Regaining himself he yelled "full speed ahead"

"How can they see where they're going?" Violet said with a hint of fear, aww is someone afraid.

" They can't. There's no knowing where they're going." he says grinning at his frightened guests. "Turn on the lights" The lights flickered on just as the boat was going over a huge fall, cruising down with great speed it was like the Oompa Loompa's had lost control of the boat, I screamed not out of fear but enjoyment as it began to get bumpy. Moments later I felt a hand on mine thinking it was Charlie I squeezed it in comfort and looked up only to see Willy. we stared at each other as we continue down till finally that boat steady and slowed down, making me pull my hand away 'thank you' I mouthed to him, gaining a smile in return.

"People, keep an eye out. We're passing some very important rooms here" Willy tells us. We passed several rooms that you would expect to find in a chocolate factory and some.. well we are talking about the weird man Willy Wonka, we then passed a room named 'Hair Cream' making me looked at Willy with a smile knowing it was for him.

"What do you use hair cream for?" Mrs Beauregarde asked.

"To lock in moisture" Willy says, primping his hair making me and Charlie giggle at him. We then flooded passed a room with an open window. Inside were a couple of Oompa Loompas whipping a cow.

"Whipped cream" Me and Charlie said together.

"Exactly" Willy laughed.

"That doesn't even make sense" Veruca snapped. I rolled my eyes at the brat.

"Well for your information little girl. Whipped cream isn't whipped cream at all unless it's been whipped by whips. Everybody knows that's" Willy shot back I put my hand over my mouth to stop the smile coming to my face whiles everyone else looked at Willy like he was crazy.

We continued our journey down the river until we came to another room "Stop the boat" Willy yelled to the Oompa Loompas "I want to show you guys something!" He says as he gets out of the boat. We all stood up to follow I was about to get off when I saw Willy had his hand held out for me to take, which I did and he helped me out of the boat, letting go off each other we both stared deeply into each others eyes before he broke eye contact and went to the front of the group, whiles I caught up with my baby brother, who had a smirked on his lips.

"Oh, shut up" I muttered, nudging him. As we got closer to the room door I saw the sign above say 'The Inventing Room'.