Chapter 6 - Wishes Do Come True

As I walked to work the next day, I was reading the newspaper that I had just bought.

Wonka's final golden ticket
Found in Russia !!!

I sighed sadly knowing I'm going to have a really upset and disappointed brother, at least one good thing comes out of it and that's the shop will be back to normal no kids demanding there ticket, walking into the shop I hung up my coat and put my apron on and begun working.

Time passed by children came in after school spending more of there parent money to have loads of sweets, I notice the shelves were looking pretty empty so I went into the storage room to grab a couple of boxes of sweet to restock them.

"Hey, Evelyn your brother's here and wants you" I stopped what I was doing walked back through the shop.

" Hey Charlie" I said smiling.

Charlie smiled back "Hi Evy"

"What can I do for you bud?" I asked wanting to know why he was here.

"Oh I was wondering if you were finished so we could walk home together but it seem you aren't" He replied.

"She can go Charlie, not much else to do today as your sister has done most of it, works her socks off she does" He let out a laugh at his own comment "So I should be fine on my own for the rest of the evening"

"Thank you Bob" I beamed, he nodded his head in my direction "Two minutes Charlie" I walked to get my coat after changing I walked back to see my brother looking over the chocolate "You want some chocolate bud, I'm sure Bob will be okay with taking it out of my paycheck"

"No worries Evelyn on the house, call it a later birthday present" He reached under the counter and pulled out a Wonka "Happy late birthday Charlie"

"Thank you, but you know the last golden ticket has been found" He said sadly.

"I know bud" I said gently patting his shoulder "But hey you still get to have the amazing mouthwatering chocolate" I beamed making him laugh at my description.

A women threw her newspaper on the counter "The nerve of some people" She said I looked at the paper to see what she was huffing about

"Forging a ticket who would do something like that?" I replied a bit annoyed but then again that means there's one left, I watch as my brother peeled back the silver to reveal a hint of gold, mine and Charlie's eyes grew wide "Charlie" I breathed not believing it but there in my baby brother hands was a golden ticket.

"You've found Wonka's last golden ticket" Bob smiled widely "In my shop too"

"Listen kid, I'll buy it off you for 50. And I'll get you a new bike" A mam offered before I could say anything someone else began to make an offer.

"Are you crazy, young man I'll pay you 500 for it" said the newspaper women, wow that's a lot of money but this is only a one time thing I hope Charlie knows that.

"Stop it all of you!" Bob demanded "Charlie you and your sister take it and run straight home, don't show it to anyone just get home understand"

Charlie nodded a huge smile on his face, grabbing my hand we ran all the way home, once we got there Charlie began shouting "Mum! Dad! I found it! the last golden ticket. It's mine" Charlie handed it to Grandpa Joe.

"Yippee!!" He screams with joy as soon as he saw the ticket and jumped straight out of bed and did some sort of jig with his arms and legs "Here" he then handed it to my parent's who held a shock expression on there face "Read it aloud, lets hear exactly what it says"

Dad started to read "Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket, from Mr. Willy Wonka. I shake you warmly by the hand. For now, I do invite you to come to my factory and be my guest for one whole day. I, Willy Wonka, will conduct you around the factory myself showing you everything there is to see. Afterwards, when it is time to leave you will be escorted home by a procession of large trucks each one filled with all the chocolate you could ever eat. And remember, one of you lucky five children will receive an extra prize beyond your wildest imagination. Now, here are your instructions, on the 1st of February, you must come to the factory gates at 10 a.m. sharp. You're allowed to bring one member of your family to look after you. Until then, Willy Wonka."

"The first of February that's tomorrow" I asked.

"Then there's not a moment to lose. Wash your face, comb your hair, scrub your hands, brush your teeth, blow your nose." Grandpa Joe ranted and then Grandpa George joined in.

"And get that mud off your pants."

"Hang on, first we need to decide who is going with Charlie to the factory" Mum said.

Before we could even talk about it Charlie interrupted us "I'm not going" We all looked down at Charlie in shock I thought this was his dream "A woman offered me 500 for the ticket, we need the money more then the chocolate" sighing to myself I knew he would think like this I bet down and faced my baby brother with a smile on my face.

"Charlie sweetie, listen to me. There's plenty of money out there in the world, they print more everyday. However bud, these golden tickets there are only five in the whole wide world and that's all there every be. All your life you've dreamed of going to see that factory and my dear brother here's your chance. You really deserve this your such a sweet boy with a little hint of being an idiot" I laughed along with the others in the room "I mean only an idiot would give something like this up for something as common as money. So please tell me somewhere in that head of yours there is some common sense" Charlie smiled wide nodding his head then pulled me into a hug I looked up at my parent to see a proud luck on there faces.

"I want to go" He says.

"Ok now that's settled, who's going with him?" Mum asked for the second time.

"I say Evy should take him, I mean she's old enough to look after him" Grandpa Joe piped his opinion.

"Wait what?" I asked kind of shocked and speechless "But Grandpa you always talked about how much you would love to see the factory again"

"My dear, I've seen it once and that's enough for me, you however haven't and your the chocolate lover in this family and you also persuaded Charlie to go as this is only a once in a life time thing maybe you such listen to your own word" He explained, I can't believe he using my own words against me. I took a deep breath then looked over at my brother.

"What do you say Charles want to spend the day with you annoying older sister" I mockingly said making him laugh.

"Wouldn't want it any other way" He replied.

"Then get that mud of your pants, you both have a factory to go to!" Grandpa George piped up.

I know I'm not showing it but on the inside, I'm buzzing with excitement wishing the time would go quicker.