Chapter 5 - Violet & Mike

I had just finished work earlier then usual so I was waiting for Charlie to get out of school so we could walk home together. Whiles waiting I noticed people have began to gather around the newspaper stand let me tell you the sales man looked really annoyed I wonder why he do this type of work if he's so easily annoyed?

"The third ticket has been found" Someone in the crowd yelled.

Wanting to know more I began to tap my foot as I impatiently stood here wishing for my little brother to appear. Finally he arrived with a smile on his face.

"Hey Evy" he says hugging I caught a hint of sadness in his tone.

"What's up little bro?" I asked as he pulled away.

"Did you hear the third ticket has being found" He sadly says making my heart crack, I hate seeing my little brother upset. I pulled him into another hug, pulling apart I kept my arm around his shoulder.

"Come lets get home and see what brat won it this time" I said in attempt to cheer him up; which work as he let out a small chuckle, we talked about he day at school and mine at work by the time we finished our house came into view we both raced through the fence and went inside.

"Hey kids" Mum greeted us.

"Hey mum" we both replied waiting to hear about the winner.

"Come one, let's see who got the ticket shall we" mum said standing up and passing daddy the newspaper before walking over to the TV to turn it on.

"The third ticket was found by Miss Violet Beaurgarde from Atlanta, Georgia" Daddy says reading the headlines.

The TV turned on to show a little blonde girl, standing in a trophy room. "Show off" I muttered under my breath, with her was her mother, who was dressed in the same outfit as her daughter. I swear you would never catch me wearing the same clothes as my mother, what's the women trying to do stay young? I snorted at the thought catching Charlie's attention who looked at me with a questionable glance, I just simply shook my head telling him to just ignore me, he did just that as his full attention was back on the TV.

"I'm a gum chewer, mostly, but when I heard about these ticket things I laid off the gum, switched to candy bars. "Violet said snapping her gum as she talked making me slightly cringe I hate chewing gum it's probably the most disgusting thing ever.

"So it says that one kid's gonna get this special prize, better than all the rest. I don't care who those other four are. That kid, it's gonna be me." She sneered.

"Tell them why Violet" Mrs. Beaurgarde say proudly of her daughter.

"Because I'm a winning" She beamed.

"What a beastly girl." Grandma Josephine said utterly repulsed by the young girl.

"Despicable" Grandma Georgina piped in.

"You don't even know what we are talking about" Grandpa George say to the women.

"Dragonflies?" She replied innocently, I let out a small giggle at her.

"But wait it's just in! The fourth ticket has been found, I repeat the fourth ticket has been found by a boy called Mike Teavee. We cross over now to the live footage in Colorado." The reporter said as the camera tuned into someone's living room. A middle - aged couple were stood amongst the flashes of camera's. A boy was sitting on the floor playing on a video game, whiles explaining something about tracking manufacturing codes and something about cracking the system, if you ask me I say he was talking a load of bull.

"In the end, I only had to buy one candy bar." he said.

"And how did it taste?" The reporter asked.

"I don't know. I hate chocolate." Mike said.

"Well, it's a good thing you're going to a chocolate factory, you ungrateful little b. . . ." Yelled Grandpa George mum and dad raced over to me and Charlie putting they hands over our ears so we couldn't hear all the swear words coming out of grandpa's mouth.

"Why would anyone want to visit a chocolate factory if they don't like chocolate" I wonder to my self out loud.

"The question is who would be the lucky finder of the last ticket" the reporter said.

I wish, I wish that my baby brother would find the ticket all the children so far are spoilt and rotten little brat, Charlie deserves it. I silent prayed that night before going to be hoping my prays would be answered.