Chapter 2 - The Contest

Dear people of the world.

I, Willy Wonka, have decided to allow five children to visit my factory this year. In addition, one of these children shall receive a special prize beyond anything you could ever imagine.

"Five golden tickets have been hidden under the ordinary wrapping paper of five ordinary Wonka bars. These five candy bars may be anywhere. in any shop, in any street, in any town, in any country in the world." The news reporter shared the amazing news of the factory been open to five lucky children.

"Wow, I just realized my job is about to get a whole lot worse people are going to be very demanding aren't there?" I said asking no one in particular.

"Probably sweetheart" Daddy say hugging me sideways.

That day at work was the worst, children were pushing and even fighting just to get hold of a Wonka bar. I never in my life wanted to murder someone, people are just so inpatient and rude. I mean I'm on my own here they bloody lucky I served them at all, I swear by the end of the day I would have pulled all my hair out but managed to saved myself the pain by singing to myself in my head but what I didn't realize is that I was humming.

"There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of a rolling wind can be turned away
An enchanted moment and it sees me throughIt's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

Can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we've got this far

Can you feel the love tonight?

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn

That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn

And there's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

Can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we've got this far, oh

Can you feel the love tonight?

How it's laid to rest, oh

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

Can you feel the love tonight?

Oh, can you feel the love tonight?

Can you feel it? Can you feel it? Yeah, yeah

Oh, it is where we are

It's where we are"

I heard someone clap behind me, turning around I faced Bob I immediately blushed bright red "Sorry boss it's just I was bit stressed with today the shops being really busy and humming usually calms me down" I shyly said.

"That's okay Evelyn, I just came to tell you that you are free to go"

"Thank you" I beamed at him rushing over to grab my coat and gloves "see you in the morning" I shouted out behind me before leaving the shop and headed home.

"I'm home" I called out to the family who were sitting around my grandparents.

"how was your day sweetie?" Mum asked.

"Hell. I swear if I hear one more child say give me my Wonka bar I'll rip my hair out" I laughed lightly.

"Wouldn't it be something, Charlie, to open a bar of candy and find a golden ticket inside?" Grandpa Joe asked Charlie.

"I know" He sighed "But I only get one bar a year, for my birthday."

"Well it's your birthday next week Charlie" I said trying to give him a little hope.

"You have as much chance as anybody does" Grandma Josephine said.

"Balderdash. The kids who're going to find the golden tickets are the ones who can afford to buy candy bars every day. Our Charlie gets only one a year. He doesn't have a chance." Grandpa George scoffed.

"Everyone has a chance, Charlie." I softly say to him, hugging him sideways.

Grandpa George butted in "Mark my words, the kid who finds the first ticket will be fat, fat, fat."