more&MORE secrets.

~Later that night~

I got up feeling scared how I’m going to tell everyone. My stomach started to turn into knots as I started walking downstairs. I nodded as we started walking to the car to go to the bonfire. We finally arrived and I was afraid to open the door. We all sat there in silence in anxiety.

Mom: Qahla, you were going to tell them sooner or later.

Me: I WAS HOPING IT WOULD BE LATER. WAY LATER. You don’t know how stressful this is for me right now!

We finally left the car. Everyone walked in front of me as I started to lag behind. My head to the ground, not wanting to look at anyone. A second later, I felt arms wrapped around me. I looked up and saw Seth there with a worried look on his face. I hugged back not wanting to let go. Not wanting to lose him. ‘Is everything okay, love? What’s wrong?’ I just shook my head to ensure him nothing was wrong, but I said nothing. He let it go but still had a worried look on his face. I started to tense up as we walked towards the fire. I let go of his hand and sat next to my family. I can’t be next to Seth and the rest of the pack after they find out. When I let go of his hand, I instantly felt the pain he was feeling. He looked shocked but had to let it go. Then it started…

Mom: Me and the family have something important to tell you all.

Billy: what is it? You guys aren’t moving away, are you?

Mom: No Billy, we are not moving. But we have to confess something to everyone. Qahla, would you do the honors?

I sighed and I started to tense up even more. I looked up and saw every eye on me and felt everyone getting more and more scared. ‘Qahla, please tell us. It’s killing us!’ Sam said.

Me: When my mom told you guys the legends, she didn’t really tell you everything. It was because she didn’t want to alarm anyone. But it’s time we told you guys. As you know, my mom is only alive because some of the coyotes escaped when the cold ones decided to attack. Let’s go before that. Before the coyotes were in that land, the coyotes were associated with the Volturi. Weird I know. They only kept us around to use our powers and loyalty. They manipulated all of them. My great-grandfather didn’t like what they did to the people. There were a group of people who agreed with him but also another group who disagreed. One day, my great-grandfather had a meeting with the people who wanted to leave and they all planned on escaping. One day when they decided to finally escape, they left nothing behind. They left Italy hoping they wouldn’t return and never find them. When they came and found land in America, they settled in and never thought of them coming after them. Until one day, the other half of the coyotes and the Volturi arrived wanting them to come back. My great-grandfather and his people refused. The Volturi didn’t want to kill them because he wanted to use their powers so they turned to the coyote to capture them. They phased as so did my great-grandfather’s people. He told every women and children to go and leave while they could. Protecting everyone was his mission because he was a loyal coyote and didn’t want to let anyone down. A few minutes passed and coyotes laid on the floor, dead. When it was my great-grandfather and a couple of men left, while the other leader of coyote was left with 2 or 3 men left. A man approached my great-grandfather and told him ‘Your wife and children won’t leave without you. I’ll take over. Go and escape with your family’ He then nodded and ran to his family, looked back, and thought to the man, ‘You are a brave coyote. You are very loyal to the tribe. Thank you. Your courage will live on forever.’ Then no one heard from anyone again. They all decided to separate so no one will attack them all at the same time. Years after years, my great-grandfather, my grandfather, and my family had to move from place to place. They were only looking for our family because of royalty. We have powers not every coyote has. Since my brothers, my sister and I are half, we developed twice as much power than we should.