At least they seem happy.

---Seth’s POV---

It has been a least a year since Kaya ran away. Every night I take secret patrols hoping she’s still here in La Push, but never find anything. I came to believe myself that she’s dead. But there’s something that I don’t remember who else left. Someone else I lost, but I can’t seem to remember. Whenever someone brings her up, I always say that she’s dead and never coming back. I can’t remember anything the month she left. It’s just all a buzz now. I mean, I’m doing better than before. I don’t mope around as much. The pack is the same, I would say. I go to the Hunt residence to take care of Kiona and Kola sometimes. I’ve been becoming closer with Kole little by little. But I don’t think I can ever trust me. No point. She’s never coming back. She’s probably dead. You should just give up and move on from Kaya, Seth.

We had this talk on the beach earlier today, and it killed me. I was sitting on a log, with Embry to my right, and Jacob and Kwoli to my left. The imprintees were setting up a picnic, while the rest of the pack members were playing soccer. Jacob was talking about Bella. Then I looked to my left to find the imprinters and imprintees laughing because of how in love there were in. I mean yeah, Embry and I did imprint, it’s just, we don’t get to see them every day like they do.

Later that day, we were out here in town hanging around and we were just walking and talking. And when I say we, I mean the pack. We were just standing around and then a toy car hit my foot. I picked up the toy car and a little boy ran to me. He stopped when he saw it in my hand. He had a resemblance of someone, two actually. I just didn’t know who. I went down on one knee and asked, ‘is this yours buddy?’ He nodded and smiled like crazy. He actually, kind of, looks like me from when I was a that young. 

‘Can I puh-leeeez have my toy car back mister?’ I nodded and gave it back to him. He ran back to where he was, and my eyes followed him. He ran to a woman who was on one knee, arms wide open, and ready to catch her son. She looked a little too young to be a mom, but whatever. She started to talk to him and he looked back and pointed at me. I smiled when I met his gaze and waved. He brings me happiness for some reason. When the mom looked at me, her face dropped, and immediately grabbed him and left. She kind of looks like, NO. SHE’S DEAD. YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO FOOL YOURSELF INTO LOVING ANOTHER GIRL. After, we went back to Sam’s for dinner and TV, you know, the usual. When we got there, Alana was here. She’s been missing too! Maybe Kaya will come back too. No Seth, she’s gone. GONE. GONE. GONE. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL. We sat there for a while waiting for dinner, than we heard the door. Our heads snapped up and heard it close. At that moment, my world turned around