i think i'm...

--My POV-- 
These past 3 weeks have been heaven with Seth. School wasn’t a problem. I was graduating in a month or two. I wasn’t going to go to college so I can help mom raise the boys and Kiona while I get a job too. Alana is still here in town and is now going out with Embry. Kole isn’t too satisfied with it, but happy that she’s happy and safe. I started to act different one morning when I had morning sickness. I ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. It wasn’t pretty at all. My stomach didn’t feel so good. After I was done puking, I stood up and went to the sink to wash my mouth. I opened the cabinet to look for some medicine then I saw it and made me realize something. I quickly got dressed and ran to Emily’s house. When I got there, I walked inside to find everyone in the living room. I just looked at them as they stared back at me. Seth stood next to me and asked if everything was okay. I said, ‘Uh, everything fine Seth. Don’t worry. Uhm, Alana, Leah, Emily, can I talk to you girls?’ They all nodded and were ready to listen up, and so were the boys. ‘Alone. Maybe outside is good.’ They nodded and stood up. All the guys yelled, ‘BOOOOOOO.’

When we walked outside, down the drive-way, we just looked at each other.

Emily: what’s up Kai?

Me: uhm, I need to talk to you girls about something.

Leah: about what Qahla?

Me: This isn’t going to be comfortable to tell you. But you guys are the only ones I can tell. And promise me you won’t tell anyone. *I look at Emily * EVEN SAM. *I looked at Alana * EVEN EMBRY. *I look at Leah * ESPECIALLY SETH.

Alana: what’s wrong Kai?

Me: so, on my birthday, Seth and I, uh, did IT.

Emily: AWW.

Leah & Alana: EWW.

Me: not the point. Anyways, this morning I felt a little bit of sickness. I threw up and then I looked in the cabinet and saw… I missed my period.

All 3 of them looked at me in confusion for a minute then their eyes widened. I knew they knew, but I just wanted to clarify to them just in case they thought I had AIDS or something. You never know, they could be thinking that.

Me: I think I’m pregnant…

Em&Lee&Lan: CONGRATS!

They yelled in excitement. They all hugged me and started talking about getting ready for the baby. Getting a crib, clothes, food, toys, formula, everything. I was just standing there, listening to them talk. Then Kwoli walked out the house with an angry face. He walked up to us and yelled in a whispered tone, YOU’RE WHAT? HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN KAI?

Me: I don’t know Kwoli. I’m sorry. I know you don’t like it, but you’re just going to have to accept it.

I grabbed him and hugged him tight in my arms. He held me tight and said, ‘I know you’re ready to be a mom Kaya. You’ll be a great mom.’ I nodded and let go.

Leah: Kai, does Seth know?

Me: NO. AND NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL HIM UNTIL I KNOW IT’S FOR SURE. PROMSIE ME YOU WON’T TELL ANYONE!

E&L&A&K: Promise.

Emily: Let’s go to the store. We’ll get some tests and we’ll know if it’s true or not.

We nodded and walked back into the house. Everyone was in the same position as we left. Everyone had a confused look, wanting to know what I told the girls. I told shrugged it off and told everyone we were going to the store and we’ll be back later. The girls, Kwoli and I got the tests and went back to Leah’s house. It was safer there than anywhere else. I took all 4 tests and left them in the bathroom. I went to Leah’s room and we just waited. I went back inside and all of them were positive. I’m pregnant. How was I not safe? How am I going to do this? How am I going to tell mom? HOW AM I GOING TO TELL SETH? This baby was not a mistake. I promise I’ll always love this baby and keep it safe. I promise nothing bad will happen to it. I’ll be the best mom, ever. I walked back into Leah’s room and nodded. They all jumped in excitement and started planning again.

Leah: OH MY GOD, I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNT! YAY!

Alana: ME TOO! Somewhat. 

Kwoli: AND I’M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!

Emily: so does that mean I’m the grandma?

We all laughed as they kept talking. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen where Sue was.