Fight til' Death. NOW or NEVER

--My POV –

I heard something approaching me from afar. I looked up…

Kole: Nice to see you again, Kaya. Glad you’re alone!

Me: Same to you, BIG BRO. Of course I’m alone, glad you’re alone also.

Kole: Get over it. I’m not your brother anymore.

Me: when I said ‘I promise I will love you forever’ before, I meant it. You are my brother, and nothing is going to change that.

Kole: and you are my little sister. I’ll always love you. But I have to do what I have to do.

Me: NO YOU DON’T. YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THIS. YOU CAN LIVE HERE IN PEACE, IF YOU JUST TRUST ME.

~Plan A: convince Kole to come back into the family and deny the Volturi, so I don’t have to kill him.~

Kole: I CAN’T TRUST ANYONE ANYMORE.

He got angry and was breathing hard, but not phasing. If he doesn’t phase, I won’t phase. Maybe he’ll give up. NO. DON’T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.

Me: And what about Alana? Have you ever thought about her one bit?

Kole: NEVER TALK ABOUT HER AGAIN!

I thought for a moment. Alana’s name just slipped out of my mouth.

~flashback~

Alana was Kole’s best friend since they were toddlers. When my brother phased into coyote and wolf, he imprinted on her, as a wolf. But he didn’t know she was coyote, till she phased. She told him that she imprinted on someone. It broke him into pieces. He was furious, and when he tried to kill himself, he saw a girl, a new girl in town. He looked at her from afar and met her gaze. He imprinted, as a coyote. When he phased back, he went up to her, and she instantly hated him. The more she kept pushing him away, the harder he tried. As for Alana, he didn’t let her finish because he ran off. Her full sentence was, ‘Kole, I imprinted on someone and I imprinted on you Kole Hunt.’ But he ran off in midsentence. They haven’t seen each other in days, and when she did, she saw him trying to make the girl he imprinted on, fall in love with him. Alana pushed him into the forest, and told him. He stood there, in complete shock, and blacked out. The day he went missing, and the day, I saw my brother being taken away from me. ~

I stood there, frozen, not believing I just said that. But, I can’t take back what I already said. What’s done is done. But I’ll be ready. 

He jumps at me and starts to growl. I fall on the floor, him landing right on top of me.

Me: JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER AND BIGGER THAN ME, DOESN’T MEAN YOU ARE STRONGER THAN ME.

I pulled my legs under him and kick him off of me. He landed a few feet away from me, and fell hard on his back. I heard him shriek in pain. I ran to him and placed myself right on top of his legs and arms.

Me: Just because you’re my brother, doesn’t mean I don’t have the nerve to kill you.

Kole: *smirks * you don’t have the nerve to kill me. I’m your brother. Remember when you lose a member of the family? You lose a piece of yourself.

Me: I ALREADY LOST YOU A YEAR AGO. YOU MAY BE MY BROTHER, BUT YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE FAMILY ANYMORE. SO IF I KILL YOU, I’LL FEEL NOTHING, NEITHER WILL THE REST OF THE FAMILY.

I jumped off of him and phased into a wolf. I didn’t care if I was going to kill him in human or coyote/wolf form. I was going to kill him, one way or another now. Plan A is out of the picture now. ‘OH. It’s going to be like that’ he said, then phased into a coyote. We stared at each other for a minute. I looked into his eyes. I know what he was feeling. He had fear, horror, pain, sorrow, and regret. I’m tired of just looking at him. I had to hear his thoughts without him hearing mines. But now wasn’t the time. But I turned it on for a second to tell him, FIGHT TILL DEATH. IT’S NOW OR NEVER. Then turned it off.

~Plan B. JUST KILL HIM. ~

I jumped at him and started to attack. I started to bite and try to find his weak spot. He rolled me off of him, and started to run, but I kept dodging away from him. I ran after him and he fell again, chest first. I heard a crack. He started to howl in distress. Who are you howling to? NO one is here to help you! Then I heard it. I looked up, and saw the Volturi. Each of them, walking towards me. I phased back into human form. Then I spotted Jane, and her eyes stared straight at mines. PAIN, PAIN, PAIN, PAIN. I felt the pain, again. But this time, it was twice as stronger because it was directly at me. I started to black out. I was shrieking and yelling in pain. It hurt so bad, when I fell to the floor, my voice was gone, my bones were breaking, my muscles were giving up, my powers were dying, my body was numb, and my soul was ready to leave. Just when I thought I was ready to die, the pain went away. I started to gain consciousness again. Eyelids were too heavy to lift, but I heard someone shrieking in pain. I heard that shriek earlier. Kole sacrificed his life for mine. I got up slowly, lifting my eyelids, but didn’t hear anymore shrieking. The next thing I know, I see the Volturi being attacked by the pack. Kole stopped screaming and fell to the ground. I crawled next to him and whispered, “I guess we’ll die together.” He nodded at me, took my hand in his hand, and we just lied there, waiting to die because of the pain. It still hurts. Then I blacked out again. I was still breathing, but my body was too weak to move.

My eyelids heavy but I managed to open them half way, and saw myself in….. Where am I? Dad? What’s… Why? Seth?