Chapter 12

"Ugh! What am I going to do?!" I sighed heavily. I glanced at the letter once more before groaning in annoyance. There was a knock at the door so I quickly folded and hid the letter in my bra. "Um..yes, come in." I replied nervously.

"Would you like some tea My Lady?" The tall butler asked.

"Actually, no thank you I have to..uh...complete a task if you will." I smiled innocently.

"Of course, I will inform the Young Master." Sebastian bowed exiting the room.

"Thank god that's over." I sweat dropped. 'Now all I have to do is tell Rin in person that I resign for good!' I set the letter on a small table and changed my outfit to a black long sleeve shirt with a matching skirt and boots. "Wait, I can't forget my knife!" I reminded myself harshly, 'Now to see Rin.' I crept out of the front door hoping not to draw any attention to myself. After I made it outside of the house I walked to the old apartment where all my missions had been planned when I was still apart of the R.D.G. It was a long, tiring walk but I had finally arrived. Once I approached the front door I turned the handle slowly, not knowing if anyone was currently there or not. As soon as I got in I quietly shut the door behind me.

"Ahh, nice to see you again my dearest (y/n)!" Rin stood infront of me almost as if he had emerged from the shadows.

"Can't say the same for you Rin." I spat in disgust.

"Well you haven't changed much at all my little killer." He laughed menacingly.

"Oh save it Rin! I only came to tell you personally that I have resigned permanently." My lip twitched; the smug look on his face didn't help my anger either.

"Whatever you say, although trust me you will we see me again and you will come back to us once more. I will obtain you." Rin smirked deviously making me shiver.

"If that happens then so be it, but as of now farewell...forever." I smirked back, that obviously irritated him, as I walked out of the apartment door and returned to the manor.

Once I had arrived at the Phantomhive mansion I opened the door and went to my room immeadiently. I was mainly trying to avoid any interrogation from Ciel or Sebastian as to where I went. Although I've never been more wrong. Ciel knocked on the door as I gave him premission to enter. "How can I assist you Ciel?" I asked smiling.

"Do not play stupid with me." He replied with a harsh tone. He held up the letter that I had laid on the table earlier.

"Where did you get that?" I asked worriedly.

"Sebastian found it in here when cleaning and gave it to me." If looks could kill I'd be dead. "What is the meaning of this?! I let you stay with me, I promised to take care of you, I even shared intimate moments with you, and you repay me with working with the most dangerous assassins in London?! I have to say I'm very disappointed with you. How could you do this? Put yourself at risk like this? All for what (y/n) , for what?" Ciel shouted and paced around the room with worry and pain in his eye.

I knew he had a lot on his mind and that he deserved to know the truth but I never had the heart to tell him..I love him to much to put him in any kind of danger. "Look Ciel I can explain, Queen Victoria wanted me to kill Ma-" He cut me off.

"Don't even say it." Ciel looked away from me trying to hold back a tear.

"Ciel please, listen to me I quit the R.D.G. a long time ago because of that task specifically! I couldn't do that to you so I quit!"

"Is that where you went tonight?" He still refused to make eye contact.

"I-" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"That's what I thought." Ciel turned and walked twords the door.

"Ciel!" I cried out.

"Just go to bed!" He shouted at me and slammed the door. I laid down on my bed gripping his pillow that he had left in my room and cried into it. 'He hates me!' I cried even harder, 'Maybe Rin was right, maybe I do belong with them as an assassin like I was born to be.'