Chapter 18

My eyes fluttered open, but all I could see was darkness..I lifted myself off of the ground and took a step forward. The crunching of glass under my feet. 'Where am I?' I wondered but my thoughts echoed through out the room.

"Welcome M'Lady, to what is known as Grim." A deep sounding voice announced.

"Excuse me Sir, who are you?" My vision was still a little blurry and dark but I tried my best to locate the origin of the sound.

"I? Well that's not too important right now is it? No, what's important is your question; am I dead or alive?"

"How di-"

"Your thoughts aren't very private here my dear." His smirk was displayed by his tone.

'He can't read my thoughts, can he?'

"Oh but yes I can. I can do many other things too, would you like to see?" His chilling tone lingered in the cool air.

I can't lie, I was intrigued. I wished to find out what other skills he posessed, although I wasn't sure if that was an intelligent plan."Maybe later, I still have questions."

"Yes of course you do, don't they all? Wait a minute I know what you're after..a boy isn't it? A very special boy I presume. Yes..your thoughts give it all away! But no that's not your only problem is it?"

"What do you mean?" I played dumb but my heart was beating loudly and my muscles tensed..'how could he know...no one could know..'

"You're aware of exactly what I speak, ___. No, you have conceived a child is that it? Oh how precious, but you do know of the consequence correct?"

His menacing tone sent chills down my spine. "I know exactly what I have done.." I sighed deeply, I felt my lungs collapse as a tear fell from my right eye.

"Because of you're actions your child will not be born human you insufferable fool. You're soul will be consumed by a demon once the infant is born." The man grew cantankerous.

'My child will be born a demon so it can be raised by its father..that was the only way I could save them both.'

"Yes it will, you have sacrificed yourself for not one but two."

"I am aware." I shouted to the voice hidden in the shadows. A dark, raspy laugh surrounded me. A small drop of water trickled down my leg followed by what seemed like a damn bucket. My water had broken. My spine suddenly snapped as a screech escaped from my mouth..flames burst violently out of thin air forming a circle around my limp body which was resting on shards of glass. My lower half felt as if it was being torn from the inside out..which in fact it was. My organs were being twisted and squeezed, blood oozing out of me as my hips shattered into pieces..Black feathers started to fall from the sky as the laugh only seemed to grow louder by the second. The burning sensation had intensified as my screams became more aggressive, My nails scraped against the tile and glass below me..When everything became still...the feathers stopped falling, the fire had burned out, the terrifying laughter had ceased..as a cry broke the silence.