Chapter 17

Ciel's P.O.V.

I woke up in my bed this morning. it seemed like an average morning, except ___ wasn't laying beside me. 'She's probably just helping the servants downstairs.' There were a couple knocks on my door, most likely Sebastian coming to wake me up.

"Good morning my lord, I see you are awake." Sebastian said while wheeling in the food cart.

"Yes, seems I am." I pulled myself into an upright position. "Sebastian, where is ___?" I asked with utmost curiousity.

"My lord it seems that we must have an important and necessary disscussion." He replied in a monotone manner.

"About?" I sighed.

"Your fiancè has sacrificed very much for you Young master; more than you may know." Sebastian walked to my bedside.

"What do you mean Sebastian?" My eyebrow raised to show my bewildered state.

He sighed. "Young master I am afraid that she is no longer with is in the human relm."

"And how is that?" My bewildered shock soon turned  into worry and fear as I leaned forward to listen more closely.

"She has given up her soul to save yours. Although she never fully explained why." Sebastian looked down as if wondering aloud.

"N-no! T-that isn't p-possible..she m-must have j-just..." I stuttered for I couldn't process exactly what I had been told. Tears were threatening to escape my eyes..'Why would she sacrifice her soul in order to save me?' I thought to myself searching desperately for the answer in my mind. 'It's because she loved me?'

"I Am terribly sorry for your loss young master." Sebastian spoke interrupting my thinking.

"Sebastian leave me be for a while. Cancel all plans. And arrange a funeral." I said stoically as he bowed in response. 'It's really true. She died because she loved me.' I laid back down and shoved my face into my pillow..and I let my tears fall...as I finally accepted she was gone.