Chapter 15

"Ciel? What are you talking about?" You question once more letting a tear roll down your face.

"___, I'm sorry I never told you." Ciel sighed in shame still refusing to make eye contact.

"Stop Ciel..I'm your fiancé, you shouldn't hide things from me." You sniffled.

"I must leave for Paris and I'm afraid I will not be able to return." Ciel said hesitantly.

"Why would that mean you won't be able to return?" Your body started to lightly shake at the thought of Ciel leaving you..forever.

"I am sorry ___, but I can't exactly give you all of the details." He sighed again as he covered his eyepatch with his right hand.

"Ciel..why must you wear that?" You interrogated with curiosity and worry while reaching twords him. You gripped the eyepatch between your cold slender fingers pulling it off of Ciel revealing his contract symbol.

Ciel looked deeply into your eyes seeming as if almost piercing your very own soul in the process. He searched desperately for a hint of fear or rejection on your face but was astonished to see the ends of your lips curve into a relieved smile.

"You aren't scared?" Ciel asked dumbfounded.

"Of course not. I love you Ciel..with every last part of me and that will never change." Your smile remained as you wrapped your arms around Ciel's neck tightly.

"I-I love you too ___." Ciel hugged back sharing a bond of body heat with your petite figure for what seemed like a peaceful eternity.

"I was just terrified that you didn't love me anymore." Tears streamed from your eyes onto Ciel's shoulder.

"___ that's preposterous! How could I ever stop loving you?" Ciel mumbled into the crook of your neck.

"I'm not sure..I-I just I don't know.." You cried even harder as Ciel rubbed circles on your back in attempt to comfort you. "Is there no way to stop this?" You asked pleadingly.

"I'm afraid I cannot refrain from the inevitable love, the deal has already been made. In order for me to seek revenge on who murdered my parents I need Sebastian's help, and in return he gets to devour my soul." Ciel released you from the hug.

"But C-Ciel I don't want you to die!" You sobbed as quietly as possible. All you heard in response was a depressed sigh which made you sob a little more. You couldn't bare the thought of him going through so much pain when his contract with Sebastian came to an "end". But what were you to do?