Chapter 3

Louis’ POV

I’m fumbling with my thumbs staring at the jacket at my feet and trying to figure out how to start a conversation. I still have no idea why I didn’t just go home with my family. I just hope Harry isn’t some murderer or something. He doesn’t have any music playing in the car and it’s adding to the awkward silence.

“So, how old are you?” I ask him trying to at least know something about this stranger. He turns his head toward me briefly looking surprised that I had talked after so much stillness.

“20, how about you?” His fingers were drumming at the top of his faux-leather-covered steering wheel. He seemed to be comfortable and calm while I was literally shaking and completely tense.

“I-I’m 17. I’m in high school. Do you go to college?” I ask trying to calm my nerves.

“No. I’ve always hated school, so once I got a chance to stop going, I took the offer. I do work at the hospital though.” He kept glancing at me and sometimes he would look me up and down and that made me nervous.

“Oh, well, I don’t work. I just try to focus on school because education is very important to me.”

“Of course it is.” He scoffs while rolling his eyes.

“What’s that supposed to mean? At least I know how my future will turn out, unlike yours.”

“Is that so?” He looked at me again, but this time smirking and I immediately looked away. Right now the landscape was very captivating. I didn’t want to answer his questions anymore because he made me feel small and scared. When I asked him the questions though, I was absorbed by his answers. I loved learning more about this stranger and I had no idea why.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked so quickly that I couldn’t stop myself from the words spilling out of my lips.

“What? Um, yeah, I-I do…” The stranger’s voice trailed off as if he was going to say something else but he changed his mind. I could feel his eyes staring at me and my cheeks reddening.

“You should really watch the road. I don’t want to get into an accident.” He coughs timidly at my remark. “My house is the one on the left.” I state as he reaches my house. Harry turns the wheel until his car is parked in my driveway.

“Whoa, dude, your house is huge.” He looks at my house with eyes wide and mouth agape. “Are you rich or something?”

“Something like that. Thanks for driving me.”

“Sure.” He says and looks down. Well this couldn’t be any more awkward. I turn around and grasp the inside car door handle and push it open. I feel a hand grasp my forearm and Harry starts to speak, “Wait! Louis don’t go yet.” I turn around and he looks down then up at me again. I see his facial expression change as he starts to lean in to me. Is he trying to kiss me? I start to panic and tilt my head back slightly. Harry, then grabs down and picks up my jacket at my feet. “Don’t forget your jacket.” He says and hands me my piece of clothing.

“Oh.” I take a big sigh. “Thanks. Um, hey do want to exchange numbers or something?” I ask not wanting to leave him.

“Numbers? We just met.” He reminds me and I mentally slap myself for asking him such a stupid question. Why would he want my number? I’m just some kid who likes seeing A’s on my report cards, while he is a 20 year old who likes to get drunk. We are such opposites and our friendship would never work out. “Here, type in your number.” He hands me his phone and I type in the digits of mine.

“Why are you so nervous?” He calls me out.

“Well, I’m in a stranger’s car and he is covered in tattoos and asked me to a party with alcohol. So I would say that I am quite nervous, yes.”

“You’re not so bad, you know that?”  he laughed.

I look down unsure of how to answer that. I’m not used to talking to anyone besides my family and Emma. I feel like a rebel being inside his car and even just talking to someone with this many tattoos.

“Bye, Harry.”

“Bye, Louis.”

I climb out of the car and walk up to my front door. I knock on the door and luckily my brother opens it and not one of my parents.

Harry’s POV

I walk up to my house and hear loud music. Great, people are partying at my house. What is it that people don’t get about privacy? I turn the knob and see a bunch of people dancing and grinding on their friends and lovers. I spot Addison on the couch and walk over to see why everyone is here.

“Hey, Addison!” She jumps up from the couch and grabs my collar, dragging me to the bathroom. When we are alone, I close the door and turn the knob to lock it.

“Hey, handsome. I’ve been waiting for you to get here. The place is packed and I couldn’t find any food.” She puts her red plastic cup on the counter and reaches up to take hold of my collar again. She leans in to kiss me, but I push her hands off because she’s drunk.

“Hey, what the hell is everyone here for? I thought I was coming home to a quiet house not a club.” I tell her and she starts to giggle and cover her mouth with the back of her hand.

“Oops,” she replies and giggles again. “Hey, why won’t you kiss me? I thought I was your girlfriend.”

I groan and walk out of the bathroom to get to my room – a hopefully quiet place.

When I walk into my room, Perrie and Zayn are making out on my bed.

“Really guys? Can’t you guys just go fuck somewhere else? I’m trying to sleep here.”

Perrie jumps at my sudden burst into the room and Zayn pulls back from the kiss.

“Shit, Perrie you bit me.” Zayn says while wiping his mouth.

“Boo-hoo. Now fuck off.” I say and roll my eyes.

“Lighten up, would you? You’re supposed to be having fun not ruining it for us.” Perrie says while pulling her short dress down.

“Get out of my room, Perrie.” Zayn grabs her hand and they walk past me out of my room. I really need to think about this nerd kid that’s fucking up my emotions. Or should I just ignore him and maybe they’ll go away over time. I can’t do what I did last year, that’s not natural.

AUTHORS NOTE

Please vote and comment what you think! I would really like some feedback. :)