Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I stare up at the ceiling and start to count the tiles. I reach 23 before my phone starts vibrating. I get up from under the covers and pick up my phone.

"What do you want?" I growl

"You know leaving me was a big mistake."

"Well, you kind of brought this on yourself." I sigh.

"No, you're the one that called it off."

"Well yeah, you were with Perrie and everything."

"I didn't have a choice."

"I'm pretty sure you did. You could have just told her no."

"It's not that simple Harry. You were already being pretty distant."

"No. What wasn't simple was our relationship."

"If you wouldn't have left, it could've been."

"Yeah well, I don't want to talk about this anymore. I found someone else so bye." I hang up the phone and leave him in his thoughts. Is Louis my someone else? I may have thought last summer what I did was wrong, but I'm starting to think that maybe it's who I am. I'll start with Louis and if it's not what I think, then I'll stop.

***

Louis' POV

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask my ill sister.

"100 percent." she assures me. "Now can you get me some water? I'm really thirsty."

"Sure thing."

"Louis, thank you for being here for me." She reaches out and she holds my hand in hers.

"I wouldn't miss it for anything." I promise her.

"I know that I don't tell you this a lot, but I really do love you." She smiles and I finally get to see the pretty smile on her face again.

"I know, I love you too."

I walk towards the lobby to see Harry. I will get her water as soon as I'm done talking to him. Harry is sitting at his desk and helping out a woman with a cast on her arm. They're in conversation at the moment so I walk over to the chairs and wait. I sit back and watch the news. I can't hear what the TV is saying, but it's some kind of protest that happened. From what I'm seeing, people are protesting about homosexuals. My family all thinks that love should be between a man and a woman. That's how it's always been. Is that true though? Well being gay wasn't as common as it is now, but in my opinion, I think it's always been there. You hear about it all the time when someone comes out gay and no one expected it. What if everyone in the past just ignored those feelings and never came out? I don't know really. I think it's fine if you love the same gender, I think. I don't know, my parents don't see it.

"Hey Louis." Harry walks over to me with a big smile on his face and sits in the chair next to me. I know we've known each other for a short amount of time, but I do consider him as one of my friends. We make jokes, talk, text, call, etc. That's what friends do, right?

"Hi. How's your day been so far?"

"Eh, pretty boring. It's nothing new, just sitting at that desk all day. What about you?"

"Just school." I shrug my shoulders and he raises an eyebrow at my lack of response. "I mean, I go there seven hours a day, so that's really all there is to it."

"Ok, so then tell me what happened at school." He rolls his eyes at my dull answers.

"Nothing, I just sit and listen to teachers and talk to my friend, Emma."